That neutral tones look

I'm posting a link to an image on someone's facebook page. I haven't done it before so I hope it works! Also, my image. RAW edit and levels edit done. Not skin yet, still getting through that class. I love the neutral tones, and how the subject is clearly defined from the background.  Thank you.

DSC_1419.jpg

Yes I quite like it, not really for this photo I don't think as it mutes the vibrance of the original a fair bit, but definitely along the lines of what I'm after. Once I learn how you got there in the first place I can use that method with a bit of tweeking if needed. Would you mind sharing how you achieved this look please? 

1 minute ago, EB Photography said:

not really for this photo I don't think as it mutes the vibrance of the original a fair bit

With respect, that's a VERY silly thing to say.  Muting vibrance is why you posted.  It's what you asked for.  It's EXACTLY what you asked for.

You don't think Anna's photo would have been vibrant at first too?  If you saw Anna's photo before she added the neutral effect, would you say the same thing?

No, you're right. Even the jumper colour has been changed to suit the mood.

The changes you made to my photo are exactly what I was looking for yes, and I love the tones you have created in the background and foreground.

Thank you for spending the time to show what it would look like with a similar edit.