card upload to bridge not working

I currently use a Nikon d700 and have had no problems uploading images to bridge. I bought a Nikon d750 and a Fuji xt1 and am currently trying to learn how to use them. One problem I encountered this weekend is uploading my sd card to my computer. I was not able to upload images through bridge as I normally do. All it says is "no device found." I tried by inserting card directly into my computer, and then I tried by way of camera upload with the d750. I have Windows 10. I did try googling to figure it out. I was wondering if you could help me in a less complicated way than I have found by googling it.

I didn't see that I had a reply. Normally I get an email.  So, the very first time something opened up on my computer, next time no. But, it didn't give me an option where to upload. Then I tried through bridge, and I got a message that said "no device found." I thought I would try again just now. It finally recognized it, but through dropbox. :(  Then I went and tried one more time with bridge, and it recognized it. The trouble is that they downloaded as jpegs and a file called raf? I have never heard of an raf file? Could that be associated with a fuji camera. I do not think I would have shot these in jpeg?? But, most of them were shot several months ago. Now, when I tried to insert one of the cards into my fuji camera, it said card may not be good???

Please stop trying to upload through Bridge.  Just put the card in your computer, open the folder (go to "My computer" if the folder doesn't open automatically) then copy the files safely to the correct folder on your hard drive.  Don't overcomplicate life.

• Like 1

Ok, that explains that. I didn't get a manual with it. I need to get one downloaded. So, now a weird thing...that card that said something might be wrong with it (forgot the words) now, I can insert it into both cameras, but now my computer is not reading it. I have a question...My nikon d750 had 2 slots for cards, but the fuji only 1. Can I use both cards interchangeably?

Hm...I didn't know that uploading through bridge was a bad thing??

So, what is happening to me is that I am not getting that Auto Play window to pop up. To be honest, I don't even know how to find it? I have looked and can't seem to find where it would be. That is one of the reasons I use bridge to upload images. Can you tell me how I can get that to start displaying again? Thanks.

31 minutes ago, Sue Gray said:

So, what is happening to me is that I am not getting that Auto Play window to pop up. To be honest, I don't even know how to find it? I have looked and can't seem to find where it would be.

Control Panel > Autoplay

I think, anyway.

On 4/23/2018 at 8:04 PM, Sue Gray said:

My nikon d750 had 2 slots for cards, but the fuji only 1. Can I use both cards interchangeably?

You can use each card in the single slot, provided that both cards are formatted in-camera. Personally, I would get a new / larger card for your Fuji, this way you won’t be tempted to swap back and forth between camera bodies. 

Which Fuji do you have?

Also, do you use a card reader? Life is so much easier when you use a card reader to download images. 

Hi Brian. Thanks. Yikes, I have already used the cards interchangeably. (Without formatting them) I was just fooling around with each camera, as I really haven't gotten to know them yet. I need to make a copy of the fuji manual as I bought it used, and it didn't come with one. I have the Fuji xt1. I don't have a card reader. Is there one that you could recommend? After I get it, is it ok to insert cards from any camera in  it? I mean, the card reader will recognize each camera, correct. Right now, I have been uploading through the slots on my computer.

When you say get a new card for my fuji and get a larger one, what do you mean? As far as I can see, it takes the same card as the nikon d750. I still have my nikon d700, which does take the larger card..