HI Damien

I was going back through some old edited photos and many if the photos are coming up with a question mark, then it goes through a 'looking for missing files' process. Can you tell me where I have gone wrong in my editing/ saving steps in the past?

5afe6e0431de2_ScreenShot2018-05-18at4_06_32pm.thumb.png.17e9c97bde0a6ebac80908c03d7cd02d.png

Thank you

Kathie

Where you went wrong was using Organizer.  That thing is so terrible.  Please don't wait a moment longer to take the Bridge Class.  It's only $10 and it will change your life.

A message like this means that your file isn't where it used to be.  This could be two scenarios:

1. The file was on an external disk drive, and you don't have that drive plugged in any more; or
  2. The file was on your internal hard drive, but you've either deleted it, or moved it to another drive.

ok yes  I will definitely take the bridge class. I had not looked at it before though because I use elements and didn't think Bridge was for Elements?

The only external hard drive is the back up i do every now and then. I haven't (knowingly) moved the files somewhere else but I guess anything is possible!

It seems to be mainly on the photos that I have edited with layers etc, not just the basic editing when converting raw. Could it have something to do with the layers processing or the way i save the edited photos? This is why I am taking the layers and mask class!  

Your screenshot says it's looking for a jpeg.  Jpegs can't have layers, only PSD files have layers.  So yes, that's certainly a problem, though it doesn't explain the missing-ness of the files.

Bridge is a free program now, so is available for Elements users too.  So awesome.

Let's ignore Organizer for now (and forever more) ... can you simply search your hard drive for the files?

ok you've sold me on Bridge- sounds like the answer! 

I will look on hard drive. Just worried I was doing something really wrong in the processing. Im looking to turn a couple of photos into 'art' for my walls so I will be taking the print sharpening class too!!

OK so cant download Bridge to my old macbook Pro which doesn't surprise me. Its running out of room and probably energy. I have been wanting to move to the big mac for a while now so this is my reason. Which brings me to an upgrade. I don't want a subscription so was going to upgrade from elements 11 to elements 2018, connect my Wacom tablet which has been sitting in a box for over a year now, and get serious. Do you think its worth the upgrade to elements 18?