Your troubleshooting sRGB link was shared in one of my FBook groups.  

I normally edit first in LR and then open for finishing touches in PS.  I opened a LR file in PS and checked... under develop profile  ProPhoto RGB - 8... However, when I opened a file I had edited earlier this week and saved to my external drive,  Adobe RGB 1998 - 8. I then opened two other  photos, I had edited a couple weeks ago and it shows as ProPhoto RGB -8.   I have always had my PS set for sRGB... so opened color management in PS and it WAS set to sRGB... I'm really confused how my color is not sRGB.  (I'm not sure how to check Lightroom color.   (My computer is Dell XPS8900.   What made two save as ProPhoto RGB and the other as Adobe RGB 1998... I didn't do anything different in my editing or saving.

Thank you for your time in viewing my question.

*I will say I had both ProPhoto RGB printed by professional lab and the colors were amazing... just like my computer showed it should be.  

Hi, Thank you for your quick response.  It is funny you should say to use Bridge, as that is the difference in the color management in the photos I mentioned above.

The images I edited sole with Bridge, opening in photoshop showed Adobe RGB 1998.  And the images I edited in LR and then PS showed ProPhoto RGB.

If you say that the setting in PS is wholly irrelevant... how do I set my setting to show sRGB?  

Kathy

As long as you only have one photo open at the time, and as long as you subsequently open the photo into Photoshop, the sRGB should stick as the default once you change it.

(Until Adobe pushes through the next software update, which always seems to reset it, annoyingly.)

Ok... that makes sense that it changes at each update... because I have had it set to that, but never checked it .... didn't realize the reset.

I have changed it to Camera Raw to  sRGB 16bit..(it was set to (Adobe RGB)..... .is 16 bit that correct?

Also, I really don't like the new base color they default to... Adobe Standard.  What is the best to have it on... I've always used Camera

Neutral or Camera Standard.  Is there a way to have it on one of those for each Raw file upload?

I really appreciate your help!!  

Have a wonderful evening!!

kathy

1 minute ago, Deuter said:

I have changed it to Camera Raw to  sRGB 16bit..(it was set to (Adobe RGB)..... .is 16 bit that correct?

For 90% of photos, 8-bit is fine and 16-bit is complete overkill.  You only need 16-bit for photos that require major Photoshop editing. For skilled photographers who get their light mostly right in the shot, 8-bit is all they need.

It can depend on your subject matter, though.  What kind of photos do you take?

3 minutes ago, Deuter said:

Also, I really don't like the new base color they default to... Adobe Standard.  What is the best to have it on... I've always used Camera

Neutral or Camera Standard.  Is there a way to have it on one of those for each Raw file upload?

Sure!  Again, just open one raw photo, completely unedited, and change to the profile you like.  Then from the little submenu (on the right-hand side near the white balance and exposure sliders) choose 'Save new camera raw default'.

On 6/2/2018 at 4:07 PM, Damien Symonds said:

Hi @Deuter, thanks for your question.

Colour space is dictated ENTIRELY by the raw program.  Photoshop's Color Settings are wholly irrelevant.  I know it seems strange, but that's how it is.

You need to set Lightroom to sRGB, or if you actually care about the quality of your portfolio, abandon Lightroom and make the switch to Bridge.

Then why do you say, "Personally, I use LR to manage my entire workflow" at your https://www.damiensymonds.net/color-space-settings-for-the-lightroom-user/ ?  I don't get it.

Thanks! Ted