My friend sent me an image he wants me to edit. The ICC profile says it's not accepted. Is that something he can change on his end? I am not even sure where to find the information about the profile. :( Here is what it looks like zoomed in. Let me know what else you need! 

Screen Shot 2016-01-29 at 9.59.33 PM.png

Why are you trying to use an ICC profile, and what ICC profile are you trying to use?

Note that his file is untagged, which is bad.  Send him this troubleshooter so he can go through and fix his default settings for all future files, and this troubleshooter so he can fix the color space for this file and any other files he's already brought into PS.

I am NOT trying to use it. I don't even know what an ICC profile is LOL! As soon as I open it up in PS "The embedded ICC profile cannot be used because the ICC profile version is not supported.  Ignoring the profile". He doesn't even have PS. I just talked to him, and he uploaded from his SD card straight to dropbox. Maybe that's the problem? Could it be a dslr camera setting? I really know NOTHING about file types etc. Need to read up on that!!! (Oh and yeah I thought the "untagged" was bad.) 

Your images should be 3888 x 2592

they are only 2048x1365

the 2048 is specific to fb

10153172_10205333696075047_3266907655484
I never uploaded them to Facebook though ?

I don't get it

ok that one is right!!

10153172_10205333696075047_3266907655484
I seriously never uploaded them to Facebook...I don't get it

i dunno!!

all thrones in dropbox were like that

the ones*

ok that posted weird!! Anyway he sent me a new one and it uploaded fine. 

My guess is maybe it's a dropbox issue? Because even if they were on Facebook at one point, why would the ICC profile or whatever be weird? I download images all the time from fb and edit them!! (When given permission of course hahaha!) What do you think? Sorry for so many replies.