Scanners

Dianna Cameron

I want to study with you.  I am a bit confused about everything at the moment but I'm sure it will become clearer.  I have an immediate project of wanting to scan 500 negatives.  I need a scanner and don't have much to spend.  Would your forum be likely to comment on whether an Epson Perfection 500 scanner would be a reasonable choice?  I hope my question is not inappropriate. Thank you  Kind regards  Dianna

Hi Brian - thank you for your advice.  I would love to get an Epson V700 too, based on what you've said!  But I can't do it at the moment.  I have actually ordered a V550 from the States for only AUD$200 including postage and import duty, so I will stick with that.  Otherwise the Perfection V600 would have been an excellent idea.  Are you in the States?  For some reason I thought Damien lived in Brisbane, which is close to where I live on the Gold Coast.  I went onto the website you sent, and it seems that B&H are in the States and they said on their website that they don't send products to Australia.  Unless of course I read that wrong.  Also, the cost in AU dollars would be double what I am paying now.  Thank you for the prompt feedback and help.  Kind regards  Dianna

Brian, please excuse me!!!  My head is spinning with the amount of new information I'm having to deal with at the moment!  The fact that they ship to Oz is there in huge great big bold letters and I missed it!  What can I say!   

Thank you, all the same.  I really appreciate your time and effort.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Collette said:

Dang Epson doesn't allow shipping to Canada. $279 CAD from Amazon though. I wish I could afford the v700 or v800

NM, wont work for slides better than what I already have. DMAX isnt good enough.