Extend gray background

Eran

Hi D , 
I would like to extend / replace this gray background , I exported the image SOOR as 16 bit.

Tried using content aware fill but the result was very bad .

Zohar_176.thumb.jpg.769806cadcd96c8bdd1553d318e70f68.jpg

1 hour ago, Damien Symonds said:

May I see the photo without the crop?

This is the photo without the crop , I already know not to crop before I finish edit !

1 minute ago, Damien Symonds said:

The shadow of her body, do you mean?

Yes , the one that on backdrop... if I re create the backdrop , do I just use a blend mode that retrieve the shadow back and mask out the rest ?

1 minute ago, Damien Symonds said:

No, you just don't let the new backdrop go onto that area.  You only need to replace the edges, don't you?

Yes , I want to "extend" it so I can straight the image , retouch it and later decide on crop .

12 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

I'm glad you like it.

Let me know how you go reproducing it.

To be honest, I probably didn't need to do the gradient for the floor.  It should have been easy enough just to clone it.

This look like a really efficient and required technique , reminds me the replacement of the kitchen cabinet. 

Will try doing it layer.

Am I allowed to ask help with creative idea suggestion because in the rules it's says not to ask for critique on retouch and I want to enhance a backdrop of full retouched image I did in studio (tried using texture but it didn't give me the interesting pop effect I hoped for and maybe you have something in your arsenal ... "

On 3/25/2019 at 6:04 AM, Damien Symonds said:

I'm glad you like it.

Let me know how you go reproducing it.

To be honest, I probably didn't need to do the gradient for the floor.  It should have been easy enough just to clone it.

Hmm... I can't reproduce it.
I tried setting colors to the gradiant and than sample the dark and ligth areas but it doesnt look good

2019-03-27_00-37-11.thumb.jpg.96e93e920ab45154bd1e40949311aec5.jpg

2019-03-27_00-39-10.thumb.jpg.e3cd16f57af2d3c4e3a50e1462b79365.jpg

8 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Looks like the inner colour needs to be a bit lighter?

I've sampled the left slider to the brightest part (right behind the model) and the right part to the darkest I could find... but couldn't match it.

2 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Oh yeah, sampling will only get you so far.  Then you have to manually modify the colours.

Also, have you moved the gradient around?  I'm pretty sure I dragged mine to the left a bit.

Yes , I dragged it to the left... but I still can't manage to align the colors... so annoying .

Could it be due to the new WB I chose ? 

Attaching again the image I don't succeed with now.

Zohar_176.jpg