updated problems

It's one of the many bugs with El Capitan. No known fix. I've seen recommendations with resetting Bridge's preferences, but it doesn't always work.

The work around is to use the finder / turn on the feature that shows the card on the desktop when inserted.

1. Open the Finder
  2. Click the Finder Menu next to the Apple Menu
  3. Select Preferences
  4. I'm on Mavericks, because I'm not upgrading due to all the problems with Yosemite / El Capitan & Adobe's Products, but there should be a section "Show these items on the Desktop." Click everything except Network Folders (Unless you have those.) Here is what my Finder Preferences Box looks like. Yours will appear different, but it should be the same theme, you'll figure it out. 

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 10.53.49 PM.png

After you make your selections, click the red circle to close out the settings box and apply the settings. Now when you insert your card, it should appear on the Desktop. Double click on it and navigate your way to the folder where your images are installed. Do a select all and COPY. Then navigate to the folder where your images are to be stored and then right click PASTE.

You never-ever want to "Cut" or "Move" your images from your card. ALWAYS COPY.
If something goes wrong during the data transfer, and you are "moving" your images, those images may go "Poof." I've learned this the hard way. :)

Then after transferring your images, you can then have Bridge navigate to them and do your edits.

I also found this link which might help.

Oh, PLEASE tell me you are either using a card reader and not your camera to get to your files. Life is so much easier when it comes to Mac & Card Readers.

Ok, I am copying them now from a card reader. But I would really like the Bridge to pop up and open them all there the i put the card in the reader. Any help with that? I didn't read the link yet so hopefully the info is in there. O great so then I shouldn't have up loaded the El Capitan!!??

But the bad part about doing it this way is  that they were all different dates so now I have to go make each date folder and seperate them out?

You are stuck with your update. No take-backsies. No known fix. This is one of the many reasons that I tell people to stay on Mavericks if they can. Yosemite & El Capitan seem to not play nicely with Adobe's products. It's also random. There are lots of people who have no issues. The majority of people have quirky problems, like your problem, and others just hate life. 

You might have to uninstall and re-install Bridge. Or try resetting Bridge's preferences first:

Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Command+Option+Shift until the Reset Settings dialog box appears. Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

Hopefully one of those two things will work, otherwise a phone call to Adobe is in your future, or you will have to live with the problem.

I really don't have a magic bullet for you. These quirky problems SUCK. Apple blames Adobe and Adobe Blames Apple. Unfortunately, the end-user is stuck in the middle.  

Each OS update doesn't seem to fix anything, it just introduces other weird problems and it's not getting better. I'm actually thinking of switching back to Windows for my next computer and I thought I'd never say that. 

You really should be putting your images in folders by folder year and then project name folder or folder that has the year and then individual date. 

Makes things easier to find when it goes horribly wrong. Hopefully, you have some sort of file organization / method to your madness, letting software make all the decisions is not a good way to do things. Imagine if you had a complete crash? Just think how frustrating it would be? 

I learned this the hard way. I deleted the wrong folder and lost years 2009-2011 of photos of my kids. Like the game winning hit that my son made during the championship baseball game. *Poof* All because I had a mess of a HD filing system. 

I wish I knew not to update.  Ug sooooo frustrating!!  Nothing happens when I press Command+Option+Shift.  How long should I have to hold down those keys?  I do have them sorted out in to year folders and then into date folders but it was just easier in the pop up box from Bridge when I imported. I want it back so bad! By the way, do you know how I can get email notifications when I have a reply? Is this an option?

Sorry. I posted things backwards.

• Press and hold Command + Option + Shift
  • Keep holding them.
  • Open the Applications Folder and Migrate to the Adobe Bridge folder.

Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 8.05.41 PM.png

• When it bugs out and takes you back to the finder, keep holding the Command + Option + Shift keys and click the Adobe Bridge CC.

Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 8.04.32 PM.png

• Then the following box will appear. Click all three checkboxes and click OK.

Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 8.00.41 PM.png

I guess. You don't have a choice...LOL!! I don't use Bridge. Hopefully it will work, but I'm not thinking it will. I'm thinking you will have to un-install and re-install Bridge. If that doesn't work, give Adobe a call.