Graduation

EmmaBrett

I have been asked by my dad to take these three scans and to turn them into a canvas. First thing to do is to retouch the images, then cut them out from their current background. I will need to make a new background and place the photos on it. How would I make a new background? Is these even possible to make look like we were all in the same room together?

dad.jpg

emma.jpg

harry.jpg

I have got this far using the action and it says stop and use a soft brush set to black and paint the stars except the one in the middle. But there are no stars to paint. Don't know where I am going wrong.

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 22.47.52.png

I have tried to download the PC version of the FFT action but the download page doesn't work and I can't seem to get hold of one for a Mac that will work. Do you have any other ideas?

I have been following your dust and scratches filter tutorial and settles on radius 3, threshold 8. I added a layer mask and started to mask off my hands, arms, the bow, my dress, hair, face and hat. The speckles have come back there how do i remove them? Tried to use the spot healing brush tool but it didn't work. Where am I going wrong?

emma-fft.jpg

Is this of my dad ok?

On the portrait of myself where I have masked the dust and scratches filter off my hands, face, hat the speckles have come back how do i get rid of those?

jimmy-fft.jpg

23 minutes ago, EmmaBrett said:

On the portrait of myself where I have masked the dust and scratches filter off my hands, face, hat the speckles have come back how do i get rid of those?

For pete's sake, why are you masking?  That undoes the good work of the filter.

Sure, some masking might be necessary, but only in very tiny places.

Now, add a new (white) layer mask.  Zoom in to 100%, and pan around the important parts of the image, which turning the D&S layer off and on, and examining everything very carefully.  Paint black on the mask in any tiny areas where the D&S is causing genuine harm.