Graduation

EmmaBrett

I have thought about this and do I:

1. Add a colour fill layer to the top of the stack of layers and mask around all three people

2. Then make a new document to the right size, resolution and colour space for printing and add a colour fill layer the same blue as the people then place all three people on and mask around the background that overlaps each person?

3. Post for your feedback then go to the print sharpening class.

Gosh, I'm so sorry, I forgot to discuss that part.

It's difficult to decide exactly the best course of action here. Do you think there's any chance you'll ever want/need the three photos separately, but with the identical backgrounds? If so, do the three separate files exactly as I have done, then merge them into one later.

But if you're confident you'll only ever need them as one combined photo, merge them together first, then add the blue background on top. Around each head you'll need to use the various 'tricks' as shown in my files.

I have done each photo background separately as I want to make another canvas of Harry and I. I have changed the background on dad and most of me and Harry. I am having trouble with the flyaway hairs how do you get the background around those?

10 hours ago, EmmaBrett said:

emma-fft.jpg

So far so good, but didn't you want to chop off some of the flyaways?  Do that with the mask of the top Color Fill layer.

Also, take a closer look at the mask of the bottom Color Fill layer on my edit.  You'll see I've gently allowed it to come into your hair more, giving a smoother blend.  Your edge is too abrupt.

How does it look? Need to take it to the print sharpening class next. I have extended the wrap at the bottom using your cloning option (rough cloning). Am really proud of what I have achieved and learned, steep learning curve but worth it.

canvas.jpg