Brush ovelapping (build up)

Hi all!

I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the function that when you do a brush stroke say at 40% opacity and if you stroke again after lifting the pen off the tablet it becomes darker. In other words, what can I do so that can do multiple strokes at an opacity less than 100% without being affected?

I hope that made sense. Thanks!

I do it on anything in general... mainly dodge and burn, but also Nik tools, cloning, etc. I know it is not the most effective way but I don't know any other way LOL

10 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

If you need a layer to be at exactly 40% opacity, you mask it at 100% then lower the layer opacity. 

And then make another mask on top of it like this?

masks.PNG

The best way to explain it I guess is to paint using any brush at a set opacity without getting affected when I let go from the mouse button or pen and continue...

Or visually, I don't wan brush strokes to look like in the photo... I'm sure you see the overlapping strokes, I don't want that.

brush overlap.PNG

Yes, I know, I already told you.  You do it at 100%, then lower the opacity  of the whole layer.  Or, in the Masks panel, lower the Density slider of the mask.

I need you to tell me exactly what you're trying to achieve with a specific photo.