Ok D, i got the prints. they do not match. :( i just went thru the whole process on your website twice i got the brightness now but the prints are much more dull than the screen. the groom's tie on my screen is red but in my print it's nearly brown. what do i do to fix that? i can't figure it out. i print at millers at 5000k. i bumped it up to 5800k with slight change. 

alex.jpg

crop.jpg

Sigh. Is there no way to change my calibration's vibrancy ? i don't have a lot of time to wait for more prints to arrive. I need to get these pics done! i don't mind shopping around for future shots. Im just in a hurry for now....

5 minutes ago, Aubrey said:

the groom's tie on my screen is red but in my print it's nearly brown.

Yes, I would describe it as "nearly brown" on my screen.  So even though I stand by my distaste for Millers and Mpix labs, your screen is certainly the problem here.

Do you understand what I'm getting at? If you plug in a screen and get a good calibration, then you know your calibrator is ok, and you can get on with your editing.

If you plug in a screen and calibrate it and you get the same problems, then it might mean that your laptop screen is ok after all, and it's the Spyder that's faulty.

I have an older PC monitor I can try it on tonight but nothing fancy and nothing that's in my workspace. So am I hooking the calibrator up to monitor and trying to calibrate that screen? Sorry I'm confused. 

Edited by Aubrey

You plug the screen into your laptop, so that it's operating as a second screen.  Then you go to the Display Settings control panel and make sure it's on "Extend".  This is vitally important.

temp.png

Then calibrate it.  Make sure you follow the "Desktop" instructions: https://www.damiensymonds.net/cal_s5elite_pc1.html