Calibration help

I did the prints when I had my monitor brighter.

If I reduce the levels brightness, I can get them a little more similar....

Would that make sense?  I ordered when my monitor was brighter....

I am lost b/c adjusting the photo edit is the only way I can get it to look like it.

Edited by Mary Burgy

Ugh I am so frustrated.  So I adjusted my monitor down and the photo edit in levels to try and match it.

But should I do that?  The pic was edited with the screen a little brighter.  The colors still aren't exact either.  

Does it matter that the brightness doesn't read between the 70 and 120?  I was lower.....but no way I can go to 70 or 90 for the test b/c it's super bright.

I had to do this to levels to get it to look similar.

Should I calibrate again?  If so, do I just leave it at the current brightness and go with it regardless?  I have it as normal gamut and LED white.

image.thumb.png.57bd5a41fecedbe585b3c9041076f6ae.png

Edited by Mary Burgy

okay... I was just seeing if there was any way they would look similar.

SO what now?  I had my monitor on 4 notches before... now I am on two.  The pics still don't look the same and I don't think I can edit on a monitor any darker.

Do I calibrate again and just leave it on 2 notches (or maybe even 1 which seems so dark to me) and see what happens (even though it isn't in the range)?

image.thumb.png.a252fee6941f83c91f6f8a21d423465c.png

Edited by Mary Burgy

Yes - I have 5 white light bulbs in there.

What is interesting now is I also printed a pic that someone else edited.  If I put the monitor back on 3 notches, it matches her work pretty decently.

adding photos from my phone next

It's a house.... I don't have additional lights in here.  Most houses don't have as much light as indirect sunlight.
I can look in the daylight tomorrow and open windows.  However, it is odd that the other girls pics match.

My pics seem to print super saturated and faces look red.

760C1E6A-99A3-45D5-A9C2-E6A84F881DEB.jpeg

Edited by Mary Burgy

Well should I calibrate once more with my monitor on the 2 notch brightness and just leave it when it tells me to adjust it?

Any reason that her pics would match better than mine?  Her editing is a more muted/film look.

I am in the right thin in ACR too I believe.image.thumb.png.f2cc2bfb5f911ad8470912a2fc61bbb5.png

If we are sure PS can't mess it up after the ACR step

Edited by Mary Burgy

UGHHH... I just calibrated it at the lower brightness and as a wide gamut and now the computer looks horrible.  Everything turned super red/pink.

It says wide gamut but either the wide setting or the brightness of 30 messed something up.

Suggestions?

image.png

Is there a chance my Spyder is too old?  It is a Spyder 4 and it says it isn't fully optimized for my computer....

I have calibrated 3 times tonight and they are all vastly different.  I have no clue what is correct.

Edited by Mary Burgy