Calibration help

I am mortified right now and can't get it right.

I ordered a new Spyder but need to edit today and tomorrow.  The Spyder isn't getting me what I need and some of the settings are making my people turn red.

I feel when I edit you would have told me if stuff looked like crap.

I normally use CMYK... but when you call the lab they talk RGB.

What should I be looking for to make sure folks don't look like tomatoes since currently I am lost and can't 'trust what I see.  Every calibration produces diff results.

image.png

Okay.   Calibrated again.  It still isn’t right but if I go to proof settings and put monitor rgb it’s the closest I have been.  However that works for my pics but the one someone else edited doesn’t need that.  So how do I make my monitor look like the proof set up all the time.  Have I done something wrong since her prints don’t require that?  Pics coming next 

DAA5E2E6-6680-4F71-A4BC-9043328511CA.jpeg

A3A2F15F-CF5C-455F-94BD-960618B823CE.jpeg

Okay - Called Prodpi again and got someone different.  She told me to manually calibrate as that is what they do.  It didn't involve looking at the prints though.

This got me the closest I have been.

Is there a downside to doing it this way?  I wonder if I still need the Spyder that is on the way......

It's a series of screens where you drag a slider.....

image.png

image.png

My prints are darker and skin is red.  I have tried multiple times and each time yet again with different results. 

One of the generic display profiles kind of matches (Display P3).

I don't understand.  I feel like the machine is worthless.  

I guess I will bring a lamp down here tomorrow to try and add to the light.  I am beyond frustrated......

I can't really open the windows b/c they are behind my computer and it doesn't work well to see the prints that way either.

I just know I edited a lot today and now my pics don't look like what I thought....

I haven't done much with anything over the last year due to Zach being gone and the broken foot.  I just got a print order back and wasn't happy with how they looked.

So I then went in freak out mode b/c I have sessions to deliver.

Not going to lie... I haven't been keeping up with calibration.

I have called the company to discuss it too.  I am going to dig up some older prints tomorrow when I bring the lamp down and see.

I may also ask them to reprint a few to confirm.

• Like 1

Okay - I have a lamp on and windows open and I can go brighter with my screen.

It is odd that you make a room so bright when peoples house's don't look this bright.  

What watt bulbs do you use.... I have a chandelier with 5 and I feel like I need to go get some higher power if this is what is needed.   

I edit with the lights on..... but feel I need to stock up on lamps for this room.  My friend was saying she took classes and you are not supposed to edit in a bright room but I thought you had told me otherwise.  No worries, I edit this way but want to go even brighter.

Enjoy your family time!  I will try and leave you alone some.....