Editing workflow for low key

I love low key lighting. Rembrant short or whatever others call it.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/736127501573728644/ 

In fact, one picture that pushed me for signing up classes with you was that kind of picture, https://www.damiensymonds.net/trainingrawgallery.html (17/22 Lorena Jean photography) 

I'm completely on board (no shade of doubt) that we need to have clean edited photograph first before going artistic but given nature of low key .. given that most of the frame has no business but give up to dark black in final composition, is there any point going to recover hairs in the background ? (referring to Attempt at Short Light -1

i often take camera in hand by intention to shoot this low key.. for cases like these, i'm pretty sure and clear and certain that i've no interest in hairs or separation of those hairs from the background.. For cases like those, i can make editing much efficient by losing them in raw editing in first place which i believe would go against established workflow from flow chart, or not worrying and debating about separation of hairs from the background. 

Your input matter to me and i've learned a TON !! We can name this as RRE for Rahul's Rubbish Editing but can you please provide me input for taking pictures on that direction as such. 

I'm thinking about preparing portfolio and making a section of low key portraits in it. But don't want to proceed on that direction if you advice against it. would you continue providing inputs on these RRE pictures ?

14 minutes ago, rahullele said:

I love low key lighting. Rembrant short or whatever others call it.

Just to check, have you read this?

14 minutes ago, rahullele said:

i often take camera in hand by intention to shoot this low key.. for cases like these, i'm pretty sure and clear and certain that i've no interest in hairs or separation of those hairs from the background.. For cases like those, i can make editing much efficient by losing them in raw editing in first place which i believe would go against established workflow from flow chart, or not worrying and debating about separation of hairs from the background.

Doesn't go against it at all.  You'd just make the Blacks slider your very last step, and move it as low as you wish to get rid of detail you don't want.  Just be VERY careful not to get rid of detail you do want.

• Thanks 1