Printing in CMYK...

I created a banner (25 feet long x 9'4" tall) that will be printed on vinyl.  The lab needs the file in CMYK.  I created it in sRGB.  How do I convert without messing up the colors???  There are business logos set to specific colors.

Yes.  Still struggling but still learning.  I have read that link.  It's actually how I found this group.  I will read it again.

Is there such a thing as one on one help on this?    I think my questions are going to lean more and more into CMYK, InDesign and Illustrator.  

Edited by Michelle G

Well I appreciate it.  For sure.  I just didn't want to post company images/graphics here since it's open to public.  

In house projects (schedules and flyers) - we print those ourself on a standard printer/copier.
Larger projects - I'm currently switching labs because I can't get the local company to respond on a timely manner.  All they will say is just "pdf in CMYK".  I'm switching to another company recommended by a fellow photographer who has used them and they will take a file in any form.  My sample arrives tomorrow AM.  

Yes.  Only trouble is I prepared it from scratch in CMYK.  Is it possible to convert if needed?  

In general, with print /graphic design projects, It looks like I could be submitting in various different color spaces.  I just started on a half page ad that will be printed in a local magazine.  I'm still waiting to hear what color space.  If I start in sRGB, I can later convert the final project into the printer preferred space?

Damien - My banner file was rejected from the lab once again.  (Boss decided to try one more time with the local company.). What reasons might a file be unsuitable?  Is there something I am missing?  

I created the banner in Photoshop - It's a simple design on a black background.  It's a large file - psb - sized to the dimensions we plan to print.   I flattened and saved it as a jpg since it is too large to save as a pdf.  I then opened in Illustrator and saved it as pdf file.  I can open that pdf in any adobe program and see that it is still sized appropriately.  However when I upload to the online website for the lab, the proof comes back as if someone zoomed in 200%. 

We have repeated this process many times.  They asked me to size the file down 50% and re-load.  Done and the proof is still not working.  I am frustrated.  I have printed many images/portraits in the past, even printed many very large canvases.  I have never had any issue before.

psb - large document file - to save it as an adustable pattern.  However I can save it as a png....  Correction - I can only save a smaller version as a png.

Edited by Michelle G

Darn it!  That's bad news.

Ok, let's see what we can salvage from this situation.  I need you to send me all the logo files you were provided.  So I can have a look and see what can be done with them.

Send them via https://spaces.hightail.com/uplink/BellePhotography

And please check again, to see if they sent you anything else apart from PNG files.  Ideally we want PDF, AI or EPS.