Printing in CMYK...

4 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

I forgot to show you this, too.  You'll find it useful if you're embarking on more of this kind of work in the future.

Sweet.  Thank you so much.  Fortunately I was able to complete the half page magazine ad all in photoshop and that all went to press fine as of this morning.  Huge relief.  Now I can spend a a few days beginning to learn how to use Illustrator and InDesign before I have to start the next big project which will include logo creations.  Talk about learning new things.  I am Chemist by education and trade, retired to be a stay at home mom - who homeschools, turned photographer and now learning graphic design.  I never would have guessed this journey for myself, but it's a fun ride.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damien Symonds said:

Do you think you'll be able to modify my InDesign document ok, if you need to? You'll see I set it up with layers, like a Photoshop document.

I sure hope so.  I started studying and playing in Illustrator first.  Next up is InDesign because I have 4 schedules and flyers to crank out later this week.

On 2/10/2020 at 5:21 PM, Damien Symonds said:

Well, feel free to post any time you need my help.

Would you be able to help explain this?  We have another banner ready to print.  This one is a stretchy banner that will wrap around a curved wall stand.  

The General Art Guidelines...  

1.  What does it mean  Pantone Colors - "Called out in the art as spot colors"

2. Embed all images...?

3. Resolution must be 100-120?  I first created it in PS but am now working in Illustrator and my closest choice is 150ppi?

4. All fonts must be created to outline?    This file is just another repeating logo pattern.

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 8.46.35 PM.png

These are all quite old-fashioned requirements, to be honest.  As long as you're sending your finished artwork as a PDF file, the PDF saving process will take care of all of it.

59 minutes ago, Michelle G said:

1.  What does it mean  Pantone Colors - "Called out in the art as spot colors"

PDF will take care of it.

2. Embed all images...?

3. Resolution must be 100-120?  I first created it in PS but am now working in Illustrator and my closest choice is 150ppi?

The "resolution" in Illustrator is irrelevant.  You'll set the output resolution in the PDF saving process.

1 hour ago, Michelle G said:

4. All fonts must be created to outline?    This file is just another repeating logo pattern.

1 hour ago, Michelle G said:

I first created it in PS

This part makes me nervous.  May I see what the design looks like?

15 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

PNG files are pixel files, so they're no good.  You have to ask for the logos to be sent in vector format (eg .pdf or .ai); or recreate them yourself in vector format.

Yikes.  OK.  Back to the drawing board.  

On 2/13/2020 at 11:14 PM, Damien Symonds said:

PNG files are pixel files, so they're no good.  You have to ask for the logos to be sent in vector format (eg .pdf or .ai); or recreate them yourself in vector format.

I have two of the logos in vector form now.  Is there a way to create a pattern / step and repeat in Illustrator?  I found one way, but it doesn't look at all the way I need it to.  

This is what it should look like (first graphic with the three logos).... This one was created in ps using png logos.... It was kicked back out because it's not vector.  

Second screenshot is the recreation in Illustrator.  I have not been able to successfully convert the purple circle logo into a vector file.  So I started with the two logo just to learn the process.   I canNOT figure out how to re-create the step and repeat pattern in Illustrator.  I can get to this point and then when I click down and save that pattern disappears..

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 2.49.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 2.49.05 PM.png