reovered images

Sunny

I was working on my editing and all of a sudden my pictures disappear and wont show, the file name has been changed and says recovered.  has never happened before

Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 6.40.21 PM.png

I have a Mac laptop running yosemite and Photoshop cc. It is under 2 years old, and has 8GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 148GB free out of 250GB. The last time I shut down was more than 24 hours ago. I run a cleanup program about once a week.

How much crap do you have on the desktop? Do you have lots of files and folders on the Mac Desktop? 

I'm also concerned about the 250GB HD. That size is microscopic by today's standards. 

I did have alot of useless files that should't have been on my desktop (working on a more efficient workflow).  I moved and purged them all and My desktop is now clean.  Im also doing another cleanup on my laptop and seeing it that helps, I haven't had a chance to edit any since then. but will let u know probably tonight how it functions. 

• Like 1

i started editing, my laptop has been off all day, went to open bridge so i can cull some files and it's taking forever to load up bridge, the bridge app pull up but the little color wheel keeps spinning for a good 3 minutes before it will let me select files.  when i finally select a file to ACR and open file in PS, it loads up really slow and especially when i start using the brush and masking .......

culling my sessions is taking forever!!!  when i click on an image, it loads up blurry and takes a long time for it to be clear so i can decide whether i need o delete it or not.  Im opening my files thru external harddrive.  Do u think its slow loading up bc of connection to internet?

Something is wrong with Bridge. I also don't like the 8GB of RAM and 148GB free out of 250GB. This is one of the problems with a Mac laptop. You can't really upgrade it. But before getting into that, have you reset Bridge? I gave instructions in this thread:

I think we really need to get to the bottom of why your images are "Bombing Out" and coming back as "recovered." Once we figure that part out, things will be clearer. Other than resetting Bridge, I'm kinda out of ideas. You might have to call Adobe.

One more important thing...

What version of the Mac OS are you running and have you updated it recently?

I tried to do reset bridge but it doesn't pull up the reset settings menu.  I held down the shift,command,option buttons..........when i cleaned out the laptop, its has changed its not at 204 of 249 :)