< Go back to the previous step    << Go back to the beginning

At the top of this screen the program automatically knows the name of the screen you're calibrating.  It's pretty cool.  I've calibrated a whole bunch of screens and it got it right every time!

itknows.png

All the important settings

Make sure your screen looks exactly like mine:

hub.png

1. The White Point should be 6500K, unless you found out that your lab recommends something different.  If so, choose your lab's setting, but consider finding a new lab very quickly.
  2. Choose "Measured Mode" then type "80" in the White Luminance field.  This will be the brightness of your screen.
  3. Make sure Room Light Compensation is turned off.
  4. The Gray Balance setting will be on "Faster" by default, but let's go for the best possible calibration we can.  Choose "Better" here.
  5. We're about to do a full calibration, so of course choose "FullCAL" here.

The default setting of Gamma 2.2 is always correct, no matter what out-of-date information you might have read about Macs using 1.8.  "Backlight" should be what you chose on a previous screen.

Once all of those settings are input, press "Next".

Adjust Color Temperature Preset

This is the next screen you'll see:

Spyder56-new1.thumb.png.1fe03c2337374869688043d5af5f5bde.png

Go to your screen's controls and choose the "User" or "Custom" setting.  In a moment you'll be tweaking the R, G and B settings in there, to fine-tune the colour.

Press "Next" again.

Let's calibrate! >>

HI Damien, I've completed the calibration process and it did not take me to the above part (the adjust colour temp preset), it come up with the section to start calibration process. So i started it anyway, and the only section that I had to adjust was the brightness. It did not ask me to adjust any of the colours. What part have I missed or done wrong?

On 3/25/2020 at 10:26 PM, Damien Symonds said:

Go to your screen's controls and choose the "User" or "Custom" setting.  In a moment you'll be tweaking the R, G and B settings in there, to fine-tune the colour.

Let's calibrate! >>

I'm not sure where to find how to adjust these. I have a hp 22cwa monitor on a Mac mini (M1, 2020) if that helps.

On 3/26/2020 at 2:26 PM, Damien Symonds said:

< Go back to the previous step    << Go back to the beginning

At the top of this screen the program automatically knows the name of the screen you're calibrating.  It's pretty cool.  I've calibrated a whole bunch of screens and it got it right every time!

itknows.png

All the important settings

Make sure your screen looks exactly like mine:

hub.png

1. The White Point should be 6500K, unless you found out that your lab recommends something different.  If so, choose your lab's setting, but consider finding a new lab very quickly.
  2. Choose "Measured Mode" then type "80" in the White Luminance field.  This will be the brightness of your screen.
  3. Make sure Room Light Compensation is turned off.
  4. The Gray Balance setting will be on "Faster" by default, but let's go for the best possible calibration we can.  Choose "Better" here.
  5. We're about to do a full calibration, so of course choose "FullCAL" here.

The default setting of Gamma 2.2 is always correct, no matter what out-of-date information you might have read about Macs using 1.8.  "Backlight" should be what you chose on a previous screen.

Once all of those settings are input, press "Next".

Adjust Color Temperature Preset

This is the next screen you'll see:

Spyder56-new1.thumb.png.1fe03c2337374869688043d5af5f5bde.png

Press "Next" again.

Let's calibrate! >>

Im still not getting the option to change the RGB colours. When I calibrate it goes through the brightness and then says calibration finished. Driving myself nuts I have triple checked all your calibration instructions

Pc 

Something is going wrong. I’m shutting down everything and restarting computer. It just froze and came up with this error and my screen is now light blue 🤦🏼‍♀️ I need to go back to my nursing job I think 🤔 

7778BD8C-A211-43C2-8852-ED9B0B8A9879.jpeg