< Go back to the previous step    << Go back to the beginning

The colour calibration step

Your screen will flash a few different colours while the device takes some readings, then stop here:

nec13.png

You need to explore your screen's menu and find the controls for red, green and blue.  Adjust them gently, and hit the "Update" button each time you make a tweak.  The goal is to get the tops of the three columns all in line with each other.

Spoiler

This is the part which I can't precisely help you with, because every screen's buttons are different.  For example, this is what one of my Dells looks like:

dell.jpg

Whereas some screens will simply have numbers:

eizo.jpg

If you're having trouble finding yours, please comment below so I can try to help out.

Be patient in this process.  It might take a little while.

If it seems to be telling you that one of the colours needs to go higher, but you've already got that colour at maximum, don't worry.  Bring the other two colours down instead.  It'll balance out.

Hopefully you'll end up with a great result like this:

linedup.png

Once you're done, press "Continue".

Brightness >>

When I press the update button the current kelvin is moving up or down by one point at a time. I did find the control section for my monitor but I just can't find the RGB controls to raise/lower those levels. Sorry if it's confusing...it's been a long day.