Monitor calibration with color munki display

I have a 27 inch Retina display rgb led display. After reading an article of Damien's it said that if you have one of these types of screens you more than likely won't be using a color munki display to calibrate it. Does this mean it won't calibrate it at all? I'm very frustrated I just want my prints to come out right. 

I know this is a terrible example and isn't how you're supposed to compare prints to screen since screen is back lit. This is a print from mpix ...this is how bright the screen is for this compare. This is what the color munki calibrated the screen to. I think it looks good on screen but I think the print looks awful. In natural light the print isn't too bad but it does not match the screen 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I closed my shades to the window and turned on my ceiling light. I thought that's what the one article said to do since I edit with the light on once it gets dark outside. So keeping shades shut and having light on would keep it consistent all day....but my ceiling light is not very bright and warm even though it's one of those newer bulbs

3 minutes ago, Molly417 said:

I closed my shades to the window and turned on my ceiling light. I thought that's what the one article said to do since I edit with the light on once it gets dark outside.

Yes, that's right.

But then you said that your prints look different in natural light to what they do in your room light.

That means your room light isn't good enough.