Monitor calibration with color munki display

Ok so I got prints back from after calibrating the monitor and using the spider lite in the room rather than the ceiling light. The skin tones on my monitor are cooler than the print and I am not happy with the colors in the skin tone of the print so what do I need to do to the monitor? I think it looks good on my monitor. On the print it almost has a neon color feel to the skin tone so I feel something must be off in my monitor. 

4 minutes ago, Molly417 said:

Ok so I got prints back from after calibrating the monitor and using the spider lite in the room rather than the ceiling light. The skin tones on my monitor are cooler than the print and I am not happy with the colors in the skin tone of the print so what do I need to do to the monitor? I think it looks good on my monitor. On the print it almost has a neon color feel to the skin tone so I feel something must be off in my monitor. 

You need to make your monitor match your print - no matter how ugly it is. 

Once your monitor matches your print, then you can edit your images again - this time with confidence that you will receive a print that looks exactly like your monitor. 

How do the first set of prints you have compare to the new set of prints you've ordered? Do they differ from each other? And do they differ from the monitor in the same way?

• Like 1

On June 24, 2016 at 7:02 PM, Molly417 said:

I didn't get your reply until after I posted the one about the brightness. The prints are either way muted in color or have greenish tint or yellowish tint 

Can we also just confirm -- the files you sent to your print lab had the sRGB color profile embedded in them, right?

I spoke with millers lab and she gave me their specific calibration numbers for each thing so I re calibrated and sent prints to them and they are going to send me some test shots of non color corrected and color corrected to see if it's straightened out now

2 hours ago, Molly417 said:

I spoke with millers lab and she gave me their specific calibration numbers for each thing so I re calibrated and sent prints to them and they are going to send me some test shots of non color corrected and color corrected to see if it's straightened out now

Oh no. This is pointless. Especially with Millers.

You need to follow Damien's instructions exactly. And there is no need to order anymore prints. Changing your monitors calibration won't change how things print if you edited them already. 

Can you please take out the first set of prints you were using to calibrate and compare them to the 2nd set you had ordered? And then compare them both to the monitor? I'm curious to know if all the prints are too warm, or if only one set is (and you may have received a bad batch).

Have you got good bulbs for your room yet?

2 hours ago, Molly417 said:

All prints are warm. 

No they're not!

Your prints are what they are.  They never change.  Either the light you're viewing them in is too warm, or your screen is too cold.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Have you got good bulbs for your room yet?

No they're not!

Your prints are what they are.  They never change.  Either the light you're viewing them in is too warm, or your screen is too cold.

My bad - I worded that poorly in my question. :o