Screen dims when using bridge

When I view my pictures in bridge everything is fine until I press the spacebar to view the image larger and the screen dims.  I'm pretty sure I've turned off the screen dimming as per Damien's instructions (running windows 10).  It also dims when I press F in photoshop (to view large with no toolbars etc).  I have seen Damien say not to use this option but to use the tab button instead.  The screen does not dim when using that.  My old laptop did not do this, this phenomenon is particular to my new laptop.  Any ideas?

Sigh...laptops. :)

What make/model is your laptop? You might have to poke around for any manufacture's Video Controller software to turn off adaptive brightness, it may not be a setting in Windows. Also, check near the clock to see if there are any video controller apps running. If you have software that over-clocks things, to get more performance out of your laptop, that could be causing this issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, you might want to go directly into the Control Panel in Windows. It's still there, just buried with Windows 10. Hit the Start Button and just start typing Control Panel. It should appear at the top of the column. Then click the down arrow towards the right and select "Small Icons." This way ALL of the control panel items will show up. Look for Display Settings or even a video card controller program.

This is a really tough problem to diagnose, and a lot of poking around will be required. You might also want to reach out to the Manufacturer's Tech Support and see if they can point you in the right direction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jackie Matthews said:

Lenovo legion gaming laptop.

Now that helps. A lot.

Head back to the Control Panel and look for Power Options or Power Settings. (I can't remember off the top of my head, atm.)

Then choose "Maximum Performance" for your power plan for both On-Battery and Plugged-in.

We need to disable the Ambient Light Sensor feature.

Click on the Advanced Button

Look for "Display" then "Auto Dim." Disable it for both On-Battery and Plugged-In.

If you still can't find this settings, I'm going to need screen shots of your advanced power settings. Just click a couple of "+ Marks" to expand the tree/options.Of course, when you set your laptop to Maximum Performance, provided it's an option, it will reduce your battery life.