Head Swap- Why does it look off to me?

ShannyP20

Hi there,

I did a head swap (Can you tell which person?). In my opinion it sticks out like a sore thumb. I have worked on it, and worked on it, and worked on it, and I just don't see what it making it stand out to me.  Can you take a peek and let me know what you think?  I feel like it is probably a lighting adjustment, but every time I try to adjust shadows, mid-tones and/or highlights, it doesn't seem to fix the issue.

Thank you,

Shantel

1E1A8098 FINAL Send to Damien.jpg

And here is the head that I tried to use.  The session went from full light to sunset, so outdoor lighting was constantly changing.  This one was taken just a few minutes before the group shot...but my light was in a different location. 

1E1A8079 SOOC.jpg

The little girl would not look in my direction.  This is the best I could get of her.

So, the way I edit will make you cringe.  I learned the wrong way and kind of just go with it now. Instead of a file with all the layers, I tend to have multiple flattened edits. (edit 1, edit 2 etc...). Let me see what I have to show you.  hold on a sec.

I have a deadline of tomorrow, so I was super close to sending the image into retouchup.com (which I am skeptical that they are better at touching up than I am.  I tried them out years ago and got poor results.)  But then I thought to myself, I am better than this.  So I put my nose to the grindstone again.  I ended up finding one other image of the girl that worked better.  Here is my end result.  I think it came out decently.  I appreciate the time you spent looking at my image(s.). My husband kept saying that he didn't notice anything, but it was SCREAMING out to me to be fixed. 

1E1A8098 FINAL! Damien.jpg