Monitor

Hi

I am looking into having a customized PC according to my editing needs.

What monitor would you recommend for editing. I have heard that the Benq and Eizo are good, but are they necessary? Getting colour accuracy literally causes me burn out from my job. I would love something that will help me with that. I do have the x-rite calibrator but still do not find it perfect and constantly having to re-calibrate.

I have attached the specs that my technician has recommended me to get. I am aware that the graphics card has to be compatible with the monitor i get...

Thank you

specs.JPG

8 hours ago, Perli halpern said:

I have heard that the Benq and Eizo are good, but are they necessary?

Absolutely not necessary, no.

8 hours ago, Perli halpern said:

Getting colour accuracy literally causes me burn out from my job. I would love something that will help me with that. I do have the x-rite calibrator but still do not find it perfect and constantly having to re-calibrate.

Which X-Rite do you have, and what screen do you currently have?

Often when I shut down and switch  on I have to re calibrate. I don't think it will change whilst I am currently on it but if I go away and come back it can change. It is so frustrating. 
When the screen so good, I only trust the colours when viewing in Photoshop - that might be normal?! 

The lighting situation in the room is always the same. 

The 500GB Solid State Drive concerns me with today's software. At a MINIMUM, you want at least 1TB. If anyone tells you that is over-kill, they are just trying to sell you something that they have in-stock. For $120, you could have a reputable Samsung EVO 1TB 860 SSD.  The Graphics Card is also under-powered. You really want a fast card that has at least 8GB or more of Video RAM. Adobe's products are relying on the Video Card more than ever to give their products a performance boost.

Actually, that whole system the tech recommended is under-powered. If budget is a concern, save up more. Honestly, with COVID19 screwing around with all of the prices, computers are way more expensive now than they were a year ago. Here are my tech specs:

I do like the Windows 10 Pro recommendation! :)

Also, it's better to get a slower CPU for the cost savings and a better Video Card instead of a fast CPU and crappy video card. 32GB RAM is a good number to shoot for. But I will tell you, if you have a high MP Camera, like 45MP or more, 64GB of RAM would be better. 100MB Raw files really tax your computer's resources.

Ok budget is not a concern this time. I need a working fast computer. I literally have to wait a minute between cropping and saving each image! It's absolutely absurd these days. Pity that it's more expensive now due to covid! Thanks for making me aware of that!

Thank you for all the specs. 

Really appreciate all this.