Jo Ann

If I am understanding correctly I need to edit only from my computer?  I am on a new laptop and the hard drive has a c and a d. I've never had one with two parts before. See screenshot.  Normally I  place folders and save edited files on the desktop (backed up periodically to two externals) but it appears that only uses the c which has very little free space .  Do I need to save the raw (to work on) and edited files onto the d part  ?  The c only has 118 GB (30gb free) and the d has 931GB.  There isn't anything on the d at present but the Bridge Cache which I put on earlier in this lesson.  

2020-11-29.png

Yes, the C drive must strictly only be for your Windows.  EVERYTHING else must go on your D drive.

And Brian will have a fit if he sees you say that you keep everything on your desktop.  Never do that, it's bad for your computer's performance (although worse for Macs than PCs).

Ok while I am changing things I just as well change it all lol.  We don't want Brian to have a fit.  Although I don't keep everything on my desktop....I probably do keep too much and I can see it really isn't necessary and I can easily do it different. My other computer was from 2012 and it didn't have the two parts.  D was the cd drive.... Off to see about fixing my issues.  Thank You for clarifying.  It will be much easier to correct now while I barely have anything on this computer.

14 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Yes, the C drive must strictly only be for your Windows.  EVERYTHING else must go on your D drive.

And Brian will have a fit if he sees you say that you keep everything on your desktop.  Never do that, it's bad for your computer's performance (although worse for Macs than PCs).

• Like 1

A list of files and sizes

HP 48MB

Intel 0

One Drive Temp 0

Perf logs 0 

program files 14.4 GB Program files x86 6.07 GB

Program Data 2015GB

Recovery )

RM 4.18kb

System.sav 135 MB

users 130 mb

Windows 25.6 GB

Just now, Tnjoann said:
18 minutes ago, Tnjoann said:

Can you confirm this one? Not sure what you want me to confirm?  My internet blinked off and back on , not sure if I missed something.

Just now, Tnjoann said:

I found it  Program data 2.12 GB  I'm sorry that was a typo.

Ah, that sounds more like it.

24 minutes ago, Tnjoann said:

A list of files and sizes

HP 48MB

Intel 0

One Drive Temp 0

Perf logs 0 

program files 14.4 GB Program files x86 6.07 GB

Program Data 2015GB

Recovery )

RM 4.18kb

System.sav 135 MB

users 130 mb

Windows 25.6 GB

This all looks very normal.  I'd say you've done everything you can.

So your job, from now on, is to prevent C drive filling up any more.  Make sure all your photos go on D drive.

2 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Ah, that sounds more like it.

This all looks very normal.  I'd say you've done everything you can.

So your job, from now on, is to prevent C drive filling up any more.  Make sure all your photos go on D drive.

Thank You!  I can do that!!