Camera Raw editing is not enabled message

BettinaJay

Hi,
I have been away and not doing the tunes I wanted at the speed I wanted.  I was locked out of my PS CS6 with CS6 Bridge.  Adobe said my extended trial was up (which  it was not a trial as I purchased-stand-alone CS6 previously) and I had to licence software.  Frustrated and several troubleshooting searches, I located PS Software disk with serial number and then put the serial into the link.  It then allowed me to open both PS CS6 and Bridge.  However, I do not know if this is going to be an ongoing 'input' that I have to go about doing and apart from annoyance, if this will cause other issues.  I will see.   I opened the image via bridge to ACR then open as object, I then clicked on image and Filter/Liquify.  Box pops up 'L:iquify is capable of utilising the Graphics Processor on RGB files to increase performance.  The colour mode you have chosen will not utilise the Graphics Processor.  Then the dialogue block disappeared and then a page pops up (attached) and the image that I am supposed to be liquifying is not even in it.  Can you assist me.  Happy for this link to be posted elsewhere, should it be, as initially this post was about not being able now to access PS CS6 however I sorted that. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 10.42.05 am.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 10.50.38 am.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 2.04.38 pm.png

apologies.  Not 'tunes' but Tunes.

Tools like Liquify and Content Aware, along with Lens Distortion Corrections use the Graphics Processor that is built into you computer. Translation, it's your Video Card's Processing Chip and its Video RAM that is being used. Two things come to mind:

1. Your current video drivers for your computer don't play well with Photoshop
  2. Your Video Card is integrated and under-powered and Photoshop can't use it.

What you will have to do is head to your Photoshop's Preferences and in the Performance Section look for the "Graphics Processor Settings" area. Click the Advanced button and set it to "Basic." Click OK a few times to save the changes and restart Photoshop.

If you are still getting the error message, then we will need to know more about your computer. Actually, scratch that. Can you fill out the info on this questionnaire and post it here in the thread? 

Details about your Computer

Hi Brian,

I have a Mac desktop running MacOS High Sierra and Photoshop CS6. It is over 2 years old, and has 32GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 542GB free out of 1000GB. The last time I shut down was earlier today. I have never run a cleanup program.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Brian said:

Tools like Liquify and Content Aware, along with Lens Distortion Corrections use the Graphics Processor that is built into you computer. Translation, it's your Video Card's Processing Chip and its Video RAM that is being used. Two things come to mind:

1. Your current video drivers for your computer don't play well with Photoshop
  2. Your Video Card is integrated and under-powered and Photoshop can't use it.

What you will have to do is head to your Photoshop's Preferences and in the Performance Section look for the "Graphics Processor Settings" area. Click the Advanced button and set it to "Basic." Click OK a few times to save the changes and restart Photoshop.

If you are still getting the error message, then we will need to know more about your computer. Actually, scratch that. Can you fill out the info on this questionnaire and post it here in the thread? 

Details about your Computer

I have gone to the PS Preferences, Performance/Graphics Processor Settings and set it to 'basic' as you stated.  I will try that now.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, Damien Symonds said:

While you're waiting for Brian you should definitely rectify this.

https://macpaw.com/cleanmymac

I have downloaded Link to CleanMyMac.  Paid for a years subscription at discounted price.  Check if I can opt out as default subscription is to continue.  Have Uploaded full version and clean mac.  Screenshot below.  I now have to attend to something and will be back on my computer to continue later today.  Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 1.30.46 pm.png

I have open a dng file and it appears that it does not open as a 'background' file.  I did open with a cntl + click (so it did not open as an Object) but instead 'opened as a copy'.  Attached is what it looks like.  

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 1.14.09 pm.png

Wow, it’s a Mac Pro. That’s plenty of Horsepower. “Advanced” in the Graphics Processor settings should work, but maybe there is an issue with PS. For now, leave it at Basic. You can always change it back and restart PS. 

I’m glad you cleared 85GB-ish of space. Not too shabby. With a Mac HD, internal or external, you never want to go more than 80% full at most. CleanMyMac is one of those programs I use weekly. It’s worth the Annual Subscription Fee. 

What Version of MacOS are you running. To find out, click the Apple menu and select “About this Mac.”

Hi Brian,  
Renovating and putting in a small pool.  Trades people and bedlam to deal with.  I am back.  In answer. I am using as attached.  macOS High Sierra V 10.13.6.
I will also try and give a screenshot now of my 'Layers Panel'.

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 12.13.29 pm.png

You asked to see my Layers panel in regard to a question above from me.  I think I have sorted that out, thank you.  I have been editing today on PS CS6 successfully.

I will have to access possibly the Bridge Class again. Yes, I realise it has run its course and I am required to pay $6 to access.  If you could advise the method.

Back to my original post. I will attempt to do Liquify again, now.

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 1.47.52 pm.png