Problems with having both Elements and Photoshop

Hi Damien,

I have been editing with Elements for many years and now I have a Photoshop subscription because I need it for my interior design studies. I have just signed up and started the refresh Raw class so I can learn to use ACR in Photoshop. However, I don't see a selection brush tool in Photoshop and I really just want to edit in Elements. The problem is when I try open a Raw file in Elements it says cannot open because it is the wrong type of file. Is there a way to make it so I can just edit my raw images through Elements... or do I keep persisting with my new Photoshop... I miss the selection brush tool... is there something else equally as good in Photoshop that I don't see? I also can't find a project bin in Photoshop and want that too. I was editing the raw file in Photoshop then saving the file and continue editing in Elements, that just seems silly.

Do you mean so I'll be able to use Photoshop properly? It's not possible to edit the raw files through Elements when I have both installed? I'll be cancelling my subscription in a year when I finish my studies, but I just wish I could do it all in Elements.

Thanks so much! Now to get Bridge, I'm still using that other free program you recommend for Elements. I saw your Bridge class that Bridge is free and works with both Photoshop and Elements. Not sure why I didn't try Bridge earlier. Been out of the loop since leaving your Facebook group! Might have to do the Bridge class and might as well do the Levels for Photoshop as that's probably what I'll keep using at work later. Thanks for your help.