Problems saving PSD

Hi guys

So when i open an image in photoshop cc I save as a psd, then whatever i do after then save as a jpeg. Thats all fine but when i go to close the image or photoshop it asks me to save the psd again. it sounds trivial but its sooooo bloody annoying. I did a search & people had been told to go >preferences>plug-ins>generator & turn that off & that seems to work for some people but not for me.

Has anyone else come across this & found a fix??

Cheers

Nige

Not one that I've heard. Perhaps Damien knows? I kinda like the popup because it's a good reminder for me to go back to look at my history and make sure that I yes did in fact save the PSD prior to resizing and making my jpeg. 

Also, this isn't usually an issue because most of the time I edit a bunch of PSDs, and then turn them into jpegs all at once via Image Processor. That pop-up doesn't appear when you do that since it only creates new jpegs in a separate folder. 

Its happening even if i don't do anything in photoshop (no layers) If i open a file, save as a psd, then save as jpeg when i close its asking me to save the psd again???

ok so just tried it again. If i open in photoshop & save straight away as psd, then save as jpeg all seems fine. If i open in photoshop, crop my psd & save all is fine, but if i open in photoshop, crop & save as psd then dodge or burn or something minor, save as jpeg then go to close its asking me to save the psd again

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 7.35.36 am.png

I'm just trying different things to work it out. even if i don't crop my psd i save first & then crop, save as jpeg then try to close its asking to save psd again.

when you say this, what does that mean?

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 7.49.38 am.png

have i done (or not done) something to make this keep happening because my workflow hasn't changed & this started happening around a week ago