I have created an action following your steps on save for web actions for variable watermark no border. I press play, when it pauses I move my watermark to where I want it and click the tick to accept the placement. A dialogue box pops up and I'm not sure what to do. This stops the batch processing I set up in Photoshop in image processor.  I have a screenshot of the dialogue box. My watermark is a .PNG if that helps. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 10.03.18 pm.png

5 hours ago, EB Photography said:

But the final product has my watermark very pixelated. Why would that be?

May I see?

5 hours ago, EB Photography said:

The file size of my PNG watermark is 1.5Mb.

Did you create the watermark file yourself?

6 hours ago, EB Photography said:

Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 10.03.18 pm.png

This makes me very nervous.  I know you've since turned the "Save for web" step off, but the fact that your Save for web dialog is set to PNG is potentially very bad.  http://www.damiensymonds.net/png-file-format

Sure. This is an image I processed using your instructions. The watermark is pixelated. I hope you can see it OK. 

I had someone create my watermark. 

The second one is a 100% crop (700x700px) if that's what you needed to see.

I put in PNG into that dialogue box because of what I read on your blog. This is so confusing! sorry :-/

EBP_4870.jpg

100% crop.jpg

That looks quite normal to me.

The big question is, if you do the whole process manually (resize your photo to web size, then Place the watermark file and resize down to that size, then save the file) does it look any different?

To me it simply looks like a matter of "too few pixels available to render such tiny text clearly".

Oh I've done it!! Thank you so much Damien! I created a new watermark using your directions to save as PSD, and went through the process again, and it looks great and works! WOW! I can't believe how quick and easy it is to batch save into jpegs now. There is no wonder why I'm doing most of your classes, and will do all of them eventually!! Thanks a million!

• Like 1