Yvonne SXElite

Sorry Damien, me again. I recalibrated based on my last prints, now the next batch have arrived and they are actually worse. Having a hell of a time getting it right! 

I now have done it again, at 7500 and brightness 55, with a fine tune adjustment toward magenta, and it's closer but still not perfect I don't think. I see above you say if you need to go below 70 then your room must be too dark? But I'm making my screen darker by lowering it, right? I do edit in daylight in a not particularly bright room, so I have done the calibration in another brighter north facing room which will be my office once I get it set up. (closing the curtains at the right time). Is this in itself causing an issue, calibrating and checking in a brighter room?

It's almost at it's minimum brightness (4%) and I think the prints arguably still look darker or at least greyer in the skin than my screen does. Any further advice before I just throw out the screen? It's quite frustrating! 

Edited by Yvonn.ie
forgot something

I'm in a bit of a muddle as after the 2nd last calibration to match my prints, I re-edited the picture to make it look more like I intended it to. So this time I was comparing a slightly different edit. To make matters worse I have had to send it anyway so I no longer have it 😫 I was already delayed on the postal as there was physical damage on the first print (a tiny speck of something which gave me a reason to try to make it better on the reprint) which meant even tho the old one looked better I had to send the new one.

My husband said the new one looked great so hopefully a non- expert eye won't find fault. The others in the batch I was happy enough with so I didn't reprint.