Different border size for save for web action

Hi, I have been using your save for web actions for awhile (thank you) and now I want to make my border higher at the bottom to place my watermark center of bottom border and I am not sure how to do that.

I am also having trouble working out my total image size. I opened up a resized photo and edited the border to how I want it and the pixels are 2188 x 1599 including border. Most of my images are in landscape.

Many thanks

8 minutes ago, Shar Bigham said:

I am also having trouble working out my total image size. I opened up a resized photo and edited the border to how I want it and the pixels are 2188 x 1599 including border. Most of my images are in landscape.

Gosh, are you sure about those dimensions? That's VERY big for a web-sized image.

11 minutes ago, Shar Bigham said:

Hi, I have been using your save for web actions for awhile (thank you) and now I want to make my border higher at the bottom to place my watermark center of bottom border

I beg you to reconsider this.  It's the direct opposite of the real purpose of watermarking - that is, to prevent image theft.  If you have your watermark in the border, it's not stopping ANYONE stealing your photos and cropping off the border.

I hear you but if someone wants to steel an image, they will, so I want to use my watermark as advertising. I think watermarks are ugly on an image and distract but I guess I should look at making mine more attractive however in saying that I will never put it anywhere other than a corner of a photo so it can still be cropped off.

11 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

Yeah, I'd say so too.

Take a screenshot or two of the images on your website, paste the screenshot into PS, then measure their size.  I reckon they're only around 1000px.  Which means your files are four times bigger than they need to be.

Hi Damien, my screenshot gave me  1050 x 720px

Your example for photosize in the actions for web, is that based on a square photo? I am trying to work out overall image size of my 1050x722px image which includes 70px border.  Im getting 910px based on 1050px but because its a landscape image, do I work out the height too or just longest side?

10 minutes ago, Shar Bigham said:

Your example for photosize in the actions for web, is that based on a square photo? I am trying to work out overall image size of my 1050x722px image which includes 70px border.  Im getting 910px based on 1050px but because its a landscape image, do I work out the height too or just longest side?

OK I kept reading and its longest size right. Because I have an action already set up, can I just reset the image size and leave everything else as is?

1 minute ago, Damien Symonds said:

I doubt it.  It'll probably mess with your logo size and position.

I was afraid you would say that. I hope my brain engages at some point today. Ive set up the action once fairly easily but today its a struggle. Thanks for your help, there is a beer coming your way.

13 hours ago, Shar Bigham said:

I hear you but if someone wants to steel an image, they will, so I want to use my watermark as advertising. I think watermarks are ugly on an image and distract but I guess I should look at making mine more attractive however in saying that I will never put it anywhere other than a corner of a photo so it can still be cropped off.

What?

Wow resizing correctly for my website has made a huge improvement to the photos! I didn't realise they looked so bad! Still changing them over so can't wait for the site to run faster.

since resizing smaller to 1050px they now look shit on Facebook though. They are OK on the wall but when you click on one its pixelated.