Scanning old photo book pages

Many of the photos I have are in albums where I cant remove. I tried. They tore. So I have to mend those. Am I correct in that I need to scan each individual picture using the DPI info you listed?

I am liking my new scanner. Another question. Do I need to do anything else special to get these ready for print? BTW, working on things like this really saves on gas.

img011.thumb.jpg.907ea0ada7b68d52e366434cf9251f60.jpg

9 minutes ago, MartieTy said:

Many of the photos I have are in albums where I cant remove. I tried. They tore. So I have to mend those. Am I correct in that I need to scan each individual picture using the DPI info you listed?

Well, it might suit you better to scan the whole page, then crop each photo out into four separate files afterwards?  That's what I do sometimes.

10 minutes ago, MartieTy said:

Another question. Do I need to do anything else special to get these ready for print?

Yes, you need to get your ass into the Levels Class!!!!!  It's VITAL for these.

1 minute ago, Damien Symonds said:

Well, it might suit you better to scan the whole page, then crop each photo out into four separate files afterwards?  That's what I do sometimes.

Yes, you need to get your ass into the Levels Class!!!!!  It's VITAL for these.

I cant afford it until after the new year. Us old folks are getting an 8.7% raise. Plus, I havent finished learning masking. Gotta do that. AND..you havent invited me in. 

I have a satinish round box I want to turn from aqua to a pretty pink. I dont do people so dont have clothes to change colors on like others do. Anyway. I am working on a few older photos in raw. My still life photos and props should give me lots of examples to work with. Next week, I should have some new material to work with. My daughter, Tammy is taking me to a neat place, Cataloochee Valley, NC. I'll be shooting wild elk at the butt crack of dawn on Wednesday. I have done this before. However, I need to re-edit my older elk pictures. These were taken when the sun was shining on the elk in the afternoon.

312398301_797942511510336_8835360135334593055_n.thumb.jpg.ca7df82490d62cb830c83554a165fe80.jpg

280496721_624332402764281_2677975942584512816_n.thumb.jpg.8ce9552575d4cbeff7f54eb5352f6b9d.jpg