crop to pixel size not working in PS

Hi Damien

Last week I did a batch of jpegs for Facebook and I cropped them to the FB size and then sharpened and saved. I usually save to the cloud and then post from my phone later while I'm watching tv, but this time I noticed when it said it was going to take 6 days to upload to the cloud on my slow connection, that they were actually still full resolution. I thought I'd made a mistake and moved on, I let Facebook resize as they were just personal stuff, and they looked fine anyway.

But today I'm doing some for Instagram and when I use my preset for the correct pixel crop (or even update it manually), it doesn't seem to do anything. The image size is still showing as full pixel count, and when I save the jpeg at quality 7 the file is enormous. I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong. 

Any experience of this? 

thanks

I did type px in when I set up the preset, and I retyped it to check too. The px disappears after I type it though -  it has always done this but it has previously cropped to px. Strange... 

thanks

ah thanks that sorted it. I did do that originally when I set them up but who knows why it stopped working. I've resaved my presets now and they're fine.

Thanks as always for your help. 

• Like 1