Reunion photos

HI Damien, I have a request from a high school reunion group. They have several members who are deceased. The are having a Reunion (40 years) and they would like the deceased classmate's photos from the year book scanned and blown up to 8 x 10". They are planning a memorial table and want to include framed photographs. They already bought 8 x 10" frames. 😟

Is this possible to scan them for print so the photos look kinda decent? I have attached a page from the year book  -> cell phone photo so you can see the layout I am working with. (3 of the deceased are on this page). 

When I scanned this page (page is 8.5" x 11"), the photos were processed into a strip (attached). I have also included the settings from my scanner. Each photo is 1.75" x 1" on the page.

I also have an iPhone 13 Pro if you or Brian thinks there is better equipment and software than my HP OfficeJet 9025's scanner that I could use with the phone to create a raw image.

What steps do you recommend? Is creating 8 x 10s even possible? Or what size is reasonable to enlarge the photos to? As they have already bought the frames, I suggested they might have to mat the pictures to fill the frame. Obviously they aren't going to be fantastic photos. But they really want to honour their fallen classmates in this way. Any help would be appreciated.

As always, thank you for your help and your time.

wdss yb.jpg

wdss.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 7.57.04 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 7.55.59 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 7.56.06 AM.png

8 hours ago, Kellie W said:

I also have an iPhone 13 Pro if you or Brian thinks there is better equipment and software than my HP OfficeJet 9025's scanner that I could use with the phone to create a raw image.

This is a strange comment.

Of course you would use your actual camera, not your phone.

https://www.damiensymonds.net/2010/10/tips-for-photographing-old-photos-for.html