What monitor would you get?

Hubby is probably taking my monitor and letting me get a new photo editing monitor.  The monitor I have now is the Dell U2713H.  It's a good monitor but every time I have calibrated it's given me problems. Not saying it's not user error but really want a good monitor that is easy to calibrate with Xrite Display Pro.  Is there anything? Or should I stick with what I have?

Well last month I posted about having troubles with it and you asked if I was hooked up to dual monitors. I was and that seemed to fix the issue I was having with prints not matching.

Well the prints match in every color EXCEPT red is too bright.  Even on other websites I notice that the red is almost florescent.  It isn't as apparent in photoshop, moreso on websites. Like the notification box on Facebook (the red one that pops up with the number of new notifications you have) is very bright.

So that's the issue.. Just was thinking if I'm having issues every time I calibrate maybe a different monitor would work better.  I'm hesitant to calibrate as often as I'm supposed to.

11 minutes ago, Vanessa D said:

Well last month I posted about having troubles with it and you asked if I was hooked up to dual monitors. I was and that seemed to fix the issue I was having with prints not matching.

Well the prints match in every color EXCEPT red is too bright.  Even on other websites I notice that the red is almost florescent.  It isn't as apparent in photoshop, moreso on websites. Like the notification box on Facebook (the red one that pops up with the number of new notifications you have) is very bright.

Yes, such is the nature of wide gamut screens.  Did I give you this link to read?  http://www.damiensymonds.net/2011/08/buying-wide-gamut-screen.html

Also, only Firefox and Safari are color managed browsers. Chrome, I.E. and Microsoft Edge aren't. So colors could look weird if you aren't using FF or Safari. 

• Like 2