Spyder 4 Tutorial

Hi Damien,

I was just reading your tutorial for Spyder 4 calibration - thank you.  I'm hoping with the changes I've made at your recommendation will make the difference I need to be sure my laptop is calibrated and prints always look good.  However, when reading your article, you said "if you've never adjusted the brightness of your screen before, it's likely to seem horribly dim to you at first.  Don't worry, you'll get used to it in no time at all and wonder how you ever tolerated it so bright before."  My laptop seems very dim compared to what is was previously.  I wear contacts.  I'd like to make it brighter so that I can, of course, see the screen better.  BUT I want my photo edits to be edited correctly with the right colors.  What do you suggest?  

Hi Damien,

I'm back because I now am editing off a new iMac 27" retina display.  I've calibrated with my Spyder4pro and  just printed several headshots from a printer I use often.  I just received the prints back and what I see on my computer is way off from the prints.  The color is very muted almost gray/green color but on my monitor color tone looks good.  What am I doing wrong???? I am so frustrated as I feel like "color" is always my battle.  I even calibrate monthly using my SpyderPro4.  I'm just frustrated because I NEED MY PRINTS TO MATCH WHAT I SEE ON MY MONITOR for my clients.  This is not good.  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!