Wacom Intuos Pro lag

Hi Brian,

I've been using a Wacom Intuos Pro for a few weeks now and loving every second of it except these last few days. All of a sudden, the pen is less responsive and lags behind my hand movement or gets stuck in place and I have to scribble a bit to get it to respond. I've also set custom keystrokes to the buttons on the pen and they have reset themselves a few times to the default. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Wacom software and tried a few different fix ideas I found from Google but have had no luck. Do you have any advice or suggestions? 

Thanks. :)

Lol. Oh geez. 

I have a PC desktop running Windows 7 Home Premium and Photoshop CC. It is over 2 years old, and has 16GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 1.07TB free out of 1.33TB. The last time I shut down was last night. I run a cleanup program about once a week.

Edited by HollyJo
  • Like 1

I found this on the internet, have you given it a try?

The solution for this is to disable two settings that are on by default in Win7: "Press and Hold" and "Flicks".
  1. Open the Windows Control Panel and type "tablet" into the search field. Or if you have "Small Icons," proceed to step two.
  2. Select "Pen and Touch" settings.
  3. From the "Pen Options" tab, select "Press and Hold" and click "Settings..."
  4. Make sure "Enable press and hold for right-clicking" is unchecked.
  5. Click OK.
  6. Select the "Flicks" tab
  7. Make sure that "Use flicks to perform common actions quickly and easily" is unchecked.
  8. Click Apply, and OK.

Thank you! I had not tried that yet. I went through the steps and noticed an immediate improvement. I only had about 10 minutes to spend with it today but will work with it more tonight. I appreciate the quick help!