I've exhausted every avenue! Colors won't cooperate.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, that's disappointing, but let's press on. You may return the screen to the normal profile now.

In Photoshop, with your photo open, go to Edit>Assign Profile.  Presently your image has sRGB, of course - I want you to assign the monitor profile to it instead.  Then tell me if that makes the problem better, worse, different or no change.

Color setting in the edit menu is exactly how you say in your page, when I uninstalled and reinstalled, I went by your article word for word to be sure. (so yes, North America General Purpose 2"

Also, when I change the "assign profile" to my own color profile, it gets worse, even more washed out. 

Ok, next question.  Back to the control panel - which screen is "Screen 1" and which is "Screen 2"?  If you're like most people, the laptop will be #1, and the external will be #2, is that right?

Oh, further to that question, which web browser do you use?

Ding, ding, ding! Winner, winner, Chicken dinner!! 

I set screen 2 to be my main display and the colors in ACR match PS! 

(I haven't done the firefox thing yet..) 

It's ok! Go bike ride :D sounds like a great time. I am going to head to bed, which also sounds like a great time lol. I will check back tomorrow and see you're reaction to the chicken dinner winner (so strange, right?) 

Wait. SHIT! I went to click on that screen to try and drag it to my laptop and poof.  Washed out again, like it did when I hooked it up to the TV. Crap. Back to the drawing board, but maybe a clue lies within that. I will carry on with the firefox instructions and then head to bed. I was so psyched. What a disappointment it switched back 

41 minutes ago, Melly said:

Wait. SHIT! I went to click on that screen to try and drag it to my laptop and poof.  Washed out again, like it did when I hooked it up to the TV.

A fade again, as you described before?  Or instantaneous this time?

LoL I was trying to respond, I thought I broke this, too! haha! So it never "faded" slowly, it's an instantaneous thing. I sent you a video on your facebook messenger (sorry to invade you there, but there isn't a way to post video here.) Meanwhile, Firefox is installed per your instructions. (oh, and good morning!) 

In a way, that's good.  That's correct behaviour.  Unlike that weird fading thing.

9 minutes ago, Melly said:

Meanwhile, Firefox is installed per your instructions.

Good.  So I want to know, does Firefox show correct colours, like ACR, or dull colours like Photoshop?

Ok, can you go through the motions for me?  In Firefox, press Ctrl O to open a jpeg file which is saved on your hard drive somewhere.  In Photoshop, open the same Jpeg file.

Position Firefox and Photoshop beside each other, and take a screenshot for me, so I can see the difference.

Ok.

Can I clarify a couple of things from your original post?  Have you recalibrated since all this trouble began?

Also ...

When I open an image in ACR, the colors are almost over saturated, and vibrant and contrasty. When I click "open" and they open into PS, the colors get more washed out.

When you first typed this you sure made it sound like the ACR colours were wrong.  Can you confirm that you are now CERTAIN that the ACR colours are correct?  Or to ask it another way, does Firefox match your prints exactly?

as in the example image, I would have toned down the greens some, as personal preference. When I open other images in ACR, those would be the way they should be. The green in the example photo of the birthday girl (and the pink, too) are overdone for me, I would tone them down. But other images look the way they should. Firefox  appears to match the print.  I have recalibrated several times since this started, thanks to Adobe resetting it :/ 

4 minutes ago, Melly said:

as in the example image, I would have toned down the greens some, as personal preference. When I open other images in ACR, those would be the way they should be. The green in the example photo of the birthday girl (and the pink, too) are overdone for me, I would tone them down.

What the hell??????

Personal preference has NOTHING to do with this.  I asked about print match only.

Do you, or do you not, have pro lab prints in your hand right now, comparing them to their exact files on your screen?

I do not have pro lab prints in my hand of the example image. I have a couple others. when comparing, they do not match exactly, the color temperature is off slightly, images are warmer in print and slightly darker. I will work on fixing that. Adobe reset everything and I did a quick cal and didn't match against prints.