Using Damien's Workflow with Mastin Labs Presets

Does anyone else use both Damien's workflow advice and Mastin Labs film emulation presets?  If so, what is your workflow?  

I am trying to re-structure my workflow.  Most skilled editors who use Mastin Labs presets say that they should be used prior to making other global adjustments.  How does this fit in with Damien's principles?  He advises to add artistic touches at the end, but Mastin presets aren't really designed to work that way.  I want to avoid Lightroom as much as possible or at least avoid "ending" there so I don't run into issues with shadow clipping lies.  

27 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Do whatever you like.  My methods are only for making photos look good.

Don't mind him, he is just not a fan of the film look and prefers clean edits. Damien also hasn't used the Mastin presets.  If they can't easily be used later (after global adjustments) then I'd say they don't really fit with Damien's recommended workflow, but experiment a little and see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lara said:

If they can't easily be used later (after global adjustments) then I'd say they don't really fit with Damien's recommended workflow, but experiment a little and see.

I've played with them before, and in my experience, you undo a lot of the "look" that the presets create while you are fixing things with Damien's workflow (removing clipping, adjusting white balance etc). 

• Like 1