Editing during an export

Lloyd

When exporting from lightroom can I keep editing the images or will the changes export also? Basically, I am now exporting the colours images and now I want to edit the selected B+W. Will this affect the colour version currently exporting?

Thank you

So I am exporting all 100 images as colour, whilst these images are exporting can I make changes to them and not affect the current export. Just because it takes about 20mins to export 700 files I wanted to be getting on with the B+W conversion. 

I'd recommend making a virtual copy of any file prior to doing any B&W work in LR.  I don't believe making changes to your catalog will impact an ongoing export (should be easy enough for you to test it out and see, on a smaller batch than 700), but I prefer keeping separate versions of files separate, so I can always go back to the master color file to export disposable JPGs of it, and ditto the master B&W file. 

• Like 1

So this is for a wedding, exported as a Jpeg at 2048px long side. I do export a master PSD file for my back up once the colour edited is complete. I was just curious to see if it would have an impact.  

When exporting the Jpegs for print the quality is on 86. I don't resize for their prints. If they then come back to me and ask for a specific size print I process this according to your sharpening guide.