Calibrating two monitors

Gera

It's VERY important to understand that the screens are very unlikely to match each other exactly.  After calibrating both, you'll check them  and see which one matches your pro lab prints most accurately.  That's the one you'll use for editing on - the other one will be for panels, email, etc.

It's also critical to remember that the screens have to be set to "Extend", never "Duplicate".

extend.thumb.png.467a139e6de5179654f88ae731858168.png

I'm sure you already know this, but I wouldn't be doing my job properly if I failed to mention it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gera said:

will it matter if one is hooked with HDMI and another with DVI-D?

Some video cards will only use one port or the other. If you don't get video on one of the displays, you'll need a video card that supports two displays at the same time. As for which one, either, unless you are viewing things on a 4K screen. Since you have a pair of 1920x1080 screens, I think you should be fine. I'm curious if both displays work at the same time.

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Some video cards will only use one port or the other. If you don't get video on one of the displays, you'll need a video card that supports two displays at the same time. As for which one, either, unless you are viewing things on a 4K screen. Since you have a pair of 1920x1080 screens, I think you should be fine. I'm curious if both displays work at the same time.

The one I currently have is a GT730 I think. It displays the two monitors, one being hdmi and the other vga. Also now that you mention it, fhat explains the color difference.

Thank you!