Jpg's saving darker than Raw file

10 minutes ago, LSSmith said:

*giggling* I can agree that "fascinating" is not the proper adjective given the frustration involved on your part. I hope that we both find solutions for our respective challenges. Good luck!

Thank you! Good luck to you as well! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stephanie Simmons said:

Closed everything and reopened Bridge but Raw files are still not matching the Jpg. Should I purge my Bridge cache and then the Raw files will load correctly since it seems what I'm seeing in Bridge is not correct? I do see things are loading faster. 

Yeah, sorry, I should have clarified that.

I'm hoping that these changes might help preventing the problem in the future.  I'll be interested to hear.

However, I didn't expect it to fix the existing problem.  So yes, you'll need to purge Bridge's cache.

Don't purge the WHOLE cache at once.  Just choose a folder in which there are some troublesome files, and purge the cache for that folder, via Bridge's Tools menu.

36 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Yeah, sorry, I should have clarified that.

I'm hoping that these changes might help preventing the problem in the future.  I'll be interested to hear.

However, I didn't expect it to fix the existing problem.  So yes, you'll need to purge Bridge's cache.

Don't purge the WHOLE cache at once.  Just choose a folder in which there are some troublesome files, and purge the cache for that folder, via Bridge's Tools menu.

I purged the cache on just the folder of the session I was working on and they still don't match. Should I be concerned or just pay attention moving forward to see if it happens again?

3 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

I also can't remember what you said - does ACR match the raw file, or the jpeg?

I believe the jpg version. However I just opened the Raw file & jpg together into ACR and they don't match in ACR either so now I'm less confident. The raw file in ACR does seem darker though the raw file I see in Bridge. 

2 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

When you save a jpeg, are you doing it directly from ACR using the "Save as" button, or are you opening the file into Photoshop and saving there?

I was doing it directly in ACR using the "Save As" button. I just tried opening it into PS and saving it but got the same result. My jpgs that were saved in ACR & PS match, but they don't match the raw file I'm seeing in Bridge. 

Wait, wait, wait! I'm wrong! When I opened the Raw & Jpg into ACR I thought they weren't matching but they are! I was clicking back and forth quickly and didn't realize it was reloading the raw file everytime I clicked back. If I click slowly and give it about two seconds, the Raw file & Jpg are matching in ACR. They just aren't matching in Bridge. Do you still want a screenshot? Sorry! It wasn't making sense to me so I tried again. 

Just now, Damien Symonds said:

No, you did right.  Although maybe we should have purged the entire cache too :(

I can't figure out why you think it would have wiped out your workspace, even though you didn't check that box?

I didn't necessarily think that. I just assumed by doing a factory reset it would have wiped everything and was worried I didn't do something right. So should I go ahead and just purge the entire cache then?

Yes only one screen, although I've wanted dual monitors. Maybe one day. 

I purged the entire cache and they still don't match ?. I deleted the jpg files I had made previously and resaved the raw file just to be sure but the raw file and the new jpg still are not matching.

Yes basically. I see the raw files in Bridge. I click to open them in ACR. When they first show in ACR they look as I see them in Bridge but I see the yellow exclamation point triangle in the right corner of the image so I assume it's still loading. About 2 seconds later, the triangle disappears, the histogram shifts to the black, and my image darkens. At this point the raw file matches my jpg's.