I recalibrated like a week ago so I don't clearly remember the number but it was between 80-100....should i retry using 80?  Yes, all the prints look redder than the monitor. Not too much...but slightly redder. 

if i reopen the software now, does it tell me what number i used? 

2 minutes ago, cathm said:

I recalibrated like a week ago so I don't clearly remember the number but it was between 80-100....should i retry using 80?

You'll need to know, and you'll need to write it down somewhere so you remember it for each monthly recalibration, you know?

2 minutes ago, cathm said:

if i reopen the software now, does it tell me what number i used? 

I fear not :( But try it.

3 minutes ago, cathm said:

Yes, all the prints look redder than the monitor. Not too much...but slightly redder.

No they don't.  The prints are what they are.  They are your benchmark.

What you mean is that the screen looks slightly cooler than the prints.

On that basis, go to the "Troubleshooting" part of my calibration instructions and follow what to do when the screen is a bit too cool.

My iMac kept shutting off at random and now,  can't turn back on.... I called Apple Support and they tried to help me, however, it is not letting me turn back on so they asked me to bring my computer to the Genius Bar.  I have an appointment at 5:20pm tomorrow.  Hopefully, it will get fixed and I can move on.  

• Sad 1

Hi Damien!   Since it rained pretty hard in LA, I decided to go to the Apple store this morning.  I was told that it would cost $500-$600 to fix it as my video card needs to be replaced.... Since it's an iMac from 2011, I decided to use that money towards new monitor to connect to my MacBook Pro that I got about 6 months ago.  I am wondering if you have any recommendations for the monitor.  I will do some research now but thought I should ask you!  Thanks and I guess I am back to square one....  Thanks for your patience!! 

Many thanks Damien! My iMac was 27 inches so I was thinking either 27 or bigger. I also prefer not to get the wide monitor. I am wondering how the curve monitor like the first one in the link I sent to you would be like as I’ve never own one. Will take a look at your recommmended monitors. Thanks.  

OK, So I have been researching since I woke up this morning (Google + Youtube).
I decided to stick with 27" as I am used to it. 

I called Dell customer service and they recommended me the following 3 monitors for photo editing:

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/compare?ocs=210-aqpv,210-arcz,210-aqcq

they are all IPS Panel and has antiglare

U2719DC (the one in the middle in the link above) is the best out of all 3 and it has more connectivity options, faster response rate, better resolution, and the screen has antiglare with hard coating.

Dell didn't mention any 4K monitors to me but since you sent me this link, I added U2718Q  to the Dell comparison chart.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/compare?ocs=210-arcz,210-amlm

Here are my questions before I make my final decision:

Q1) If I get the 4K monitor, I am assuming that i can't connect my monitor to my MBP via Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), correct?

Q2) Is wide monitor good for video editing only or is it good for photo editing as well?   Do you use it? Recommend it?

Q3) I've noticed that a lot of websites and Youtube channels recommended BenQ SW271, SW2700PT, and PD2710Qc, but Brian mentioned in this forum that " BENQ displays were extremely difficult to calibrate"?    I am curious as it says it is 99% Adobe RGB (35% more colors than sRGB, 4K, 10bit color display).   Do you think Dell is good enough?  Or should I consider BENQ? 

Thank you Damien for all your help!!