3 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Sorry, yes, you did the right thing.  Always use the top number.

5500 was too cold, I assume?  How did 5000 turn out?

Both of them were really magenta, a tad cold.  Or maybe just cold, F at this point I don't even know.  The 5000 pulled  a bit of the magenta out but not much.  I don't know if this photo does it any sort of justice?

IMG_3287.jpg

Just now, Damien Symonds said:

Terrific.  And are there some that seem to match better than others?  Or some that are particularly worse than others?

Yes - some are better than others for sure!  The whites are the worst - which is concerning because I shoot a lot of newborns and babies on white!

5 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

When you calibrated on the 5000 setting, what was the achieved white balance?

On this result screen, I mean?  https://www.damiensymonds.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/42i1dppc23.gif

Ugh I didn't save it and can't figure out how to view it again

4 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

And just to be very safe, all the files are sRGB?

(I'm obliged to ask this.)

Yes - definitely

1 minute ago, tessag said:

Ugh I didn't save it and can't figure out how to view it again

Yeah, unfortunately there isn't a way to pull it up again, apart from calibrating all over.  Never mind.

Since we don't have much control over "magenta" we'll have to assume it's coolness.

And since you seem to have reached the limit of the screen's presets, we'd better try this method instead: http://www.damiensymonds.net/cal_i1DP_pc2.html

1 minute ago, Damien Symonds said:

Yeah, unfortunately there isn't a way to pull it up again, apart from calibrating all over.  Never mind.

Since we don't have much control over "magenta" we'll have to assume it's coolness.

And since you seem to have reached the limit of the screen's presets, we'd better try this method instead: http://www.damiensymonds.net/cal_i1DP_pc2.html

Ok - doing it now.  Haven't done this one yet

Gain is the important one to adjust, as far as I know.  As I said in the write-up, every screen is a bit different so it's hard for me to help with that part.

22 minutes ago, tessag said:

Ok  just a tad bit cool still but much better

Tad cool like "I want to try calibrating again"?  Or "I can live with it"?

8 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Gain is the important one to adjust, as far as I know.  As I said in the write-up, every screen is a bit different so it's hard for me to help with that part.

Tad cool like "I want to try calibrating again"?  Or "I can live with it"?

I did calibrate again and I can live with this result.  I have to go to bed shortly but I'm going to pop a few things into the wb check side really quick

• Like 1