Firefox compatibility?

Hey all, I had my laptop crash last week. Once when Windows 10 was updating and once while logged into Firefox. I always have used Firefox in the past with no problems. After talking to Dell I got my Windows 10 problem resolved. I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with Firefox. I'm currently using Bing until I get some advise. I last cleaned up my laptop three days ago. (Oh and everything is already backed up!) My laptop is about four years old. Inspiron 5559, Intel i7-6500u CPU, RAM 16.0 GB, 64-bit OS

It was randomly. I will reinstall it later tonight. I wanted to check with you all before hand. Of course Microsoft flashes a big "We recommend Bing" when you search for Firefox in their browser :) Thank you!

Edited by ConnieR

Uninstall and re-install Firefox. I haven't had any issues either. It could also be one of your plugins causing the issue, if you have one installed. 

So just to update my laptop is still down. Dell says it's not a hardware issue but a Windows 10 issue. Thank goodness I have two backups! We were not able to reinstall It with a flashdrive last night so they are sending out a CD.

Make sure you plug your laptop into your router via an Ethernet Cable if you can. I’m sure you will have TONS of Windows Updates after you redo Windows. Doing this over WiFi will take a long time. 

Sometimes Windows just screws up and you need to re-install. It happens. 

I think it's almost been a month since this all started. It was not successful. Dell is sending me a box to ship it away :/ but I appreciate all the comments and help. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1