First day with shooting RAW....PROBLEM!

Damien,

I exclusively do real estate photography and have made the shift to RAW today. Maybe I was so intent on shooting RAW today that I messed up something on my Sony NEX6 because almost all photos are blurry. I am trying to figure out what I did wrong but...I am a little overwhelmed and need to get back on track...with your help. I have another photoshoot tomorrow for another listing. To make it easy today the mode I used was Superior Auto-recognizes and evaluates shooting conditions automatically, performs Auto HDR and chooses the best image. I have used this mode many times in the past with no problems. Take a look at one of the many blurry photos ...shot in RAW and after many adjustments to make it reasonable...saved as jpeg. Thanks in advance.

PS Guest Bed DSC02526.jpg

21 minutes ago, Christina Keddie said:

Are you asking an editing question?  (If so, what is it?)

Or are you asking for help with photography settings?

Right. Because if all the photos are out of focus like this, no amount of editing is going to fix them. And this is not something that was done just by shooting in raw.

• Like 2

To ALL who responded...THANK YOU!! I am embarrassed to say that when I changed my camera to RAW I also changed settings without being fully aware of it. But...after MUCH work with Photoshop Elements I was able to get several of my photos to an acceptable state so I could post them on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) for my Seller. If I didn't have the RAW file I would not have been able to do this and would have to reshoot all photos. Are the photos great? No...but OK. So I am now hooked on shooting RAW...knowing of course that I still have so much to learn and much potential for improving my skills as a photographer. Regards, Mariann

I would SERIOUSLY invest in a solid tripod for real-estate photography, even if you use a auto-mode that does HDR for you. I can recommend one if you'd like.

Brian...I ALWAYS shoot with a Manfrotto tripod and you are absolutely right...it is the only way to go when doing real estate photography. I appreciate all the support at this site as I move forward in my huge learning curve.

• Like 2