i1DP-Mac-14

< Go back to the previous step    << Go back to the beginning

Part 6: Save the profile

Name it

By default, the X-Rite software will try to give your profile a gibberish name involving the model of your screen, and the date. Personally, I prefer to name the profile by the targets I used:

24i1dp21.gif

This way, I don’t have to scratch my head each month, trying to remember what targets I calibrated to last time. It’s right there in the profile name. And each time I recalibrate, I just over-write the old profile with the same profile name, so I don’t end up with a string of useless old profiles in my system.

If the software detects multiple user profiles on your operating system, it will give you the option of “User Level” or “System Level”. I can’t imagine a circumstance where you’d want to restrict the profile to just one user, to keep this on System Level if it gives you the option.

Finally, set the reminder to 4 weeks:

22ai1dp22.gif

If your screen is old and failing, or if you’re simply an incurable geek, you can set a shorter recalibration period. But for most of us, 4 weeks is fine.

Keep this part turned off:

i1-05.gif

Create and save profile

Again, not very intuitive interface design by X-Rite, but the next step is to click this button:

i1-06.gif

Evaluate >>