Monitor calibration

Hey 

Just wondering.....

I moved my office into another room and i thought i better recal....

Last time the settings were close to all of the numbers suggested but this time they are crazy different and there's not really room to move. I don't know what to do.

Warm: 3612

Standard: 4419

Cool: 5044 (Still too warm)

last time i got within the 100 from 6500k (it was a while ago but). is it possible to have changed so much just moving offices? I have re run it 5 times... and to match the brightness i have to have it at zero and it's still too bright compared to my prints

My monitor is Hp E241i

Edited by Tarria
1 hour ago, Tarria said:

I moved my office into another room and i thought i better recal....

Last time the settings were close to all of the numbers suggested but this time they are crazy different and there's not really room to move. I don't know what to do.

Warm: 3612

Standard: 4419

Cool: 5044 (Still too warm)

This is truly bizarre.  I seriously can't imagine why it would be so.  Did you accidentally drop your calibrator while moving stuff?

My notifications must be turned off, sorry. 

i try edit in the same time slots during the day for a editing session. Either in the evenings until the session is finished or during the day but never both for one session.

Nope, the room is only a couple of windows down the house on the same side. Other than the physical size (=light absorption) its bright and lovely too.

All the settings are very warm, well compared to my prints obviously. The screen looks lovely with the cool setting but the prints are still cooler.

Nope i haven't dropped it that i am aware of. i even store it in its box and packaging still.

I didn't have to tweak it much at all in the other room. I was stoked that it was pretty close to what you suggested in the post. But this time its silly different as you can clearly see

Recently in AD I posted about my own experience - how I moved my desk 1.5 metres to the right IN THE SAME ROOM and could no longer achieve a print match.  Moving a whole room can make a world of difference.

12 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

Do all the settings look that warm to you?  Or is it only the way the calibrator is reading them?

10 hours ago, Tarria said:

All the settings are very warm, well compared to my prints obviously. The screen looks lovely with the cool setting but the prints are still cooler.

Sorry, for once I wasn't asking about print comparison.  I just wanted to know if, to the average person, the screen settings would seem warm now.

Good morning

To me the Warm & Standard look way too warm. Cool looks just right on screen ( and i definitely like a little warmer) .

Just so you know it was set to Standard and it was within 100 or so points from 6500.

now the cool is almost 1000 points off

5DM36695_1.thumb.jpg.e02a038754168d4aa4c888b1a4718e6b.jpg

3 minutes ago, Tarria said:

Tell me what new screen to purchase and i'll get 2.

I'm definitely not going to do that until we know for sure it's the screen, not the room or the calibrator.

2 minutes ago, Tarria said:

Do you think my file photo not the scanned one is good colour? Then at least im on the right track

Yes.

thanks. at least that is something. I might try recal again.....

i always do it with the blinds down and the room as dark as possible for day. The window is about 3 meters from the left of the computer . screens are not facing window.

Ok, so i did it again. This time i didn't close the blinds. Actually wasn't sure what that would achieve but i definitely got the result i needed. The grey part of the screen looks odd, however the print and screen almost match. Pretty darn close, i'd say.