What is the best manual setting for Canon Rebel T6?

8 hours ago, BrittanyCollins42 said:

what’s the best settings to use in manual mode?

You tell me. :D

It's all subjective and depends on the lighting conditions and what you are shooting. So what do you shoot mostly?

17 hours ago, BrittanyCollins42 said:

don’t want to crash and burn my first shoot

Then you need to practice PRIOR to your session. You have no business "Learning" on a Paid Gig. Once you get your lens, use something like an upright vacuum cleaner or even a large coffee can to practice. Fiddle & play around. Learn what the lens will do and what it won't do. If you have a specific room to be shooting this Boudoir Session, then practice in there. No sense in figuring out that you need to stand on a ladder in the top corner of the room to get the shot that you want because your 50mm is too long of a focal length. With Boudoir Photography, you as the Photographer, NEED TO BE RELAXED. If you are stressing out or otherwise look frustrated, your subject will pick up on that and the photos will turn out badly.

Unfortunately, there isn't a "correct" answer or recipe that I can give you. I'm not going to tell you to shoot at f/2.0 - 1/320th SS and ISO 400. Because that might work. Or it may not. You might find that f/2.8 works better. Or f/4. It really depends. Also, learn how to read your camera's Histogram Properly. Do not use the image on the back of your camera to judge proper exposure. Your camera's LCD is a lying and cheating whore who will sell you down the river if given the chance.

Basically, it is all about learning how to control your Depth of Field with the Wider Apertures, f/1.8, f/2.0, f/2.8, etc. Your shutter speed should be fast enough that it doesn't introduce camera shake 1/250th is a good place to start and your ISO should be kept low as possible, but fast enough to obtain a proper exposure. So in reality, Boudoir Photography isn't much different than family / group photography, or any other type of photography, but there is more emphasis on posing and really paying attention to light as you can't more a bed or whatever to be next to a window. Well, not easily. I'd worry more about posing than what camera settings to use. Women are funny creatures, LOL...and have all sorts of body hang-ups. Girls...want to look pretty. Guys...they just want to look cool in photos. That's the secret to both.

I've done boudoir stuff in the past. The biggest problem is gonna be with that 50mm focal length, especially if you are doing things in a small room. You really should have a wider lens at the ready as well. (Like a 35mm or 24mm.) Plus, pay attention to all the crap that is in the room. All of that "stuff" in the background of a person's belongings, all that just distracts from the intent. In reality, I'd recommend renting a fancy hotel room where you can move around. Even finding a Bed & Breakfast in an old Victorian House can help set the mood. Add this to the cost of your fees. Schedule multiple Boudoir Sessions to make it your worth your trouble. I've seen some Boudoir Photographers rent out a room for a Weekend and use it for a "Getaway" during the night between Sat & Sunday.

Finally, do not be afraid of shadows and creating a moody scene. I find the best Boudoir Photographer embraces shadows and darks. This isn't the Smith Family at the Park who wants a photo for their Christmas Card where everyone and everything needs to be well-lit and in focus. ;) 

Oh, one more thing...find a Qualified Makeup Artist and have them there prior to the shoot. This is where a large hotel room with a large bathroom / Mirror helps. There is something about having a Professional do a person's Hair & Makeup that creates a positive "Vibe." They will "Feel" beautiful and not like their "Normal Self." This WILL impact the photos in ways you can't comprehend now. It's hard to explain. When a woman is all "Dolled Up" wearing Lingerie, they will feel different and that will make things so much easier when you start photographing them. They may be willing to pose in a certain way that they wouldn't do in a normal situation.